The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

Apparently there is a big 'Kean Out' sign at the Blackburn game that has just been unfurled, because obviously much like me, other Rovers fans expected us to destroy Man City today...

At least Matt le Tissier on Soccer Saturday pointed out that most people are just shaking their heads at the big sign, one old fella looks like he's trying to talk it down. Doesn't look good for him, but with that squad what do they expect?

Pleased with another win for Newcastle, not least because it helped me win my first acca in weeks, but sounds like we rode our luck and got a few decisions which makes a change frankly. No doubt there'll be a nice package on how lucky we are tonight where Lawro will explain that we're jammily third in the league, despite the fact barring today and QPR we've looked good for the points every game. Obviously we're not finishing anywhere near there, but we've earned that spot without playing any big (Arsenal don't count) teams as yet.

I'm pleasantly surprised by Newcastles run of form and I'm quite happy for them after most of the stuff the clubs been through. People like Demba Ba and Cabaye have proven to be good signings and other players in the team are stepping up.

It'll be interesting to see how they do in the next 6 games as they've got a bit of a tough run with home games against Spurs, Wigan and Everton and 3 really tough away games against Stoke, Man.City and Man.Utd

• Admin

Derby day!!!

Cannot wait - first time in a long time that we're favourites. Hopefully we won't crack under the pressure of expectations. Here's hoping the traffic isn't bad...

Bolton: Bogdan, Steinsson, Cahill, Boyata, Robinson, Petrov, Pratley, Reo-Coker, Gardner, N'Gog, Kevin Davies.

Subs: Lainton, Muamba, Eagles, Tuncay, Knight, Mark Davies, Vela.

Chelsea: Cech, Bosingwa, Luiz, Terry, Cole, Ramires, Meireles, Lampard, Mata, Drogba, Sturridge.

Subs: Turnbull, Ivanovic, Romeu, Mikel, Malouda, Lukaku, Anelka.

Referee: Peter Walton (Northamptonshire)