The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

The fact that we're NINTH is shocking. What the fuck are the 11 teams below us doing?

Look at the table though, Everton are 16th, they win their game in hand 3-0 and they're 8th.

I'm quite happy that Newcastle now have a 6pt buffer over 8th place.

• Admin

Losing?

West Brom: Foster, Reid, Olsson, McAuley, Jones, Brunt, Scharner, Mulumbu, Thomas, Odemwingie, Tchoyi.

Subs: Fulop, Morrison, Dorrans, Shorey, Gera, Dawson, Cox.

Liverpool: Reina, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Jose Enrique, Henderson, Adam, Lucas, Downing, Suarez, Carroll.

Subs: Doni, Maxi, Coates, Kuyt, Spearing, Flanagan, Bellamy.

Referee: Lee Mason (Lancashire)

The fact that we're NINTH is shocking. What the fuck are the 11 teams below us doing?

Look at the table though, Everton are 16th, they win their game in hand 3-0 and they're 8th.

I'm quite happy that Newcastle now have a 6pt buffer over 8th place.

No excuse. Villa shouldn't be far from the bottom 3, let alone the top half.

I think the ref has his hands tied with that Norwich/Blackburn penalty. His hands are up where they shouldn't be, he moves his arm and strikes the ball. Ref makes a snap judgement call. No matter which way that decision goes, one side is going to feel aggrieved with it.

I've just realised that Newcastle could move to 2nd in the league if they beat or draw with Stoke on Monday. :o They'd better start loosing soon or I'll start believing that we'll actually make Europe this year >_>

This season has been fantastic so far: so many ridiculous and improbable wins between the top four/five clubs, the battle for forth place is completely blown open, all three promoted teams have been winning games AND there's still the chance of Manchester City gloriously capitulating somewhere in the season.

I've just realised that Newcastle could move to 2nd in the league if they beat or draw with Stoke on Monday. :o They'd better start loosing soon or I'll start believing that we'll actually make Europe this year >_>

Not unless they randomly give us more than 3 points we can't...

• Like 1

Apparently Heskey's playing in central midfield.

lol

We have the best manager ever. Next week, Shay Given at right back. :w00t:

Fuck off. God, your negativity disgusts me. You should be ashamed.

He's obviously going to be at left back.

Newcastle will be raped at Stoke tomorrow anyways. shifty.gif

Awesome result for United today - I was really worried about us going to Goodison, but coming away with the 3pts is good. City have a tough looking game at QPR next Saturday evening, so hopefully we can temporarily close the gap to two points again and put some pressure on.

lol

Shay Given is a living God. He'll play where ever the fuck he wants.

lol

Shay Given is a living God. He'll play where ever the fuck he wants.

Except at Man City.

• Like 11

Well the whole 'booing everytime Bent touches the ball' was a bit strange, given I think everyone only booed about 10 times.

A draw was a fair result, if either team lost they would have felt hard done by but I'd really like to be beating teams like Villa at home. Bring Meyler on with 10 minutes to go was, frankly, ridiculous.

Didn't think either Liverpool or Norwich deserved their penalties, but it's been a great edition of Match of the Day. I do feel bad for ref's because they have such a tough job, but there seems to be a real increase of bad decisions lately.

Spurs have lost just one of their last 20 Premier League games at White Hart Lane (1-5 v Man City).

They have scored at least twice in each of their last six league matches.

Rafael van der Vaart is now one shy of equalling the club record for scoring in most successive Premier League games - five - achieved twice by Robbie Keane and once by Teddy Sheringham.

Spurs' total of 16 points from eight games is their joint-best start to a Premier League season.

Sixteen points from the last 18 is Tottenham's best run of form since January 2005.

Emmanuel Adebayor has played against six London clubs in the Premier League and netted at least once against all of them.

Tottenham are unbeaten in their last 16 league London derbies at home. (W10, D6).

Yay, great stats. :wub:

Didn't think either Liverpool or Norwich deserved their penalties, but it's been a great edition of Match of the Day. I do feel bad for ref's because they have such a tough job, but there seems to be a real increase of bad decisions lately.

Whilst Suarez went down fairly theatrically in a 'drop like I've been shot' manner but I don't think you can at all say he wasn't fouled. He was, in my view at the least, I agree with what Shearer said.

Norwich's though...never in a million years. N'Zonzi if anything is fouled, then the ball bounces on his arm, it's a nonsense decision and I feel for Blackburn over losing 2 points. Holt's penalty was perfect though, Robinson did everything right.

It doesn't really help that N'Zonzi immediately turns around and tries to play the ball after it smacks of his arm. If he'd just stood there with his arms outstretched then it would have looked utterly accidental, but the fact that he turns around with the ball on his arm and THEN tries to play the ball once it's dropped to the ground suggests that he was trying to gain an advantage out of his accident.

But still, protesting whilst the ball was still in play was ridiculous in the first place. Had he not raised his arms and actively looked for the ball he'd have been in a perfect position to head it to safety.