The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

Still extremely happy with that performance last night, even though I am in work and dead on my.. arse, as I'm sat down. But yeah, Campbell's volley was sublime, add that to Sessegnon and Gardner's against Swansea the other week, Gardner's free kick away at Wigan, even Campbell's take against Boro was pretty great to look at. A couple of Larsson's free kick, his volley agaisnt Liverpool, Vaughan's goals against Blackburn and Wigan - we have consistently scored some great looking goals this season.

The difference makers against us and Norwich were that extra class we had, Colback was absolutely sensational having come back into the team and he broke up play brilliantly and got forward well. He was probably the best player of the pitch after the obvious two of Sessegnon and Campbell. Campbell's volley is fantastic, the way he just almost stops the ball in mid air and just lashes it home. Most of our goals like that from Gardner have come at the other end of the pitch so it was nice for it to happen down my corner for a change! And the way Sessegnon rips teams apart is amazing. He needs put under lock and key and 24 hour surveillance because we can't let him leave us. The nutmeg, ball out wide, keeps running and headers it in, he started and ended the move. I really can't praise him highly enough. He's exactly the sort of player we've been crying out for for years now and we finally have him so hopefully we can keep him longterm.

Watched it in the background, looked a completely different team to the one I saw before Christmas. Sky did a short montage to Run DMCs It's Tricky, nearly all Sessegnon, which says it all really...

Just glad we'll have Tiote, Cabaye and the Dembas back before the derby, should be a cracker.

Ugh, couldn't catch MOTD yesterday and can't find any upload for it. I assume the reason BBC don't put in on iPlayer is to do with fee's/licensing and such? Anyone know where I can somehow watch it or is it a lost cause till someone puts it online perfectly legally :shifty:?

You tried the ESPN goals app? It's free, not great quality, but decent way to get to see the goals.

Plus there was no MOTD yesterday (I think), which is another thing I hate. Fucking license fee for nowt...

Ugh, couldn't catch MOTD yesterday and can't find any upload for it. I assume the reason BBC don't put in on iPlayer is to do with fee's/licensing and such? Anyone know where I can somehow watch it or is it a lost cause till someone puts it online perfectly legally :shifty:?

Yeah it wasn't on, and they only put MotD 2 on iPlayer anyway. Something to do with the deal they have to broadcast football. Like how the BBC don't have the right to show a Football League highlights show any other day than Saturday.

Ahh right, I didn't even think to check TV listings to see if it was on. That's a shame because I enjoy the analysis (even if sidefooting a ball is not tantamount to a clear handball claim like Hansen thinks ¬_¬) but cheers guys. I haven't got a phone that can use apps and hoped to avoid internet links since they ALWAYS put the score on the video, and I like not bloody knowing until I see the match.

Still, appreciate the replies, found a few videos on youtube for yesterdays matches, so that'll do.

Watching AVB's press conference now. John Terry is definitely out for Manchester United and probably Everton too, because of the knee injury that was supposed to keep him out of the Swansea game but yet he still played.

Lampard has a chance to play against United, he will be assessed again tomorrow. Mikel and Ramires still out of course.

Probably the same team for us against Stoke tomorrow, at Stoke. Probably too soon for Bridge to start and too soon for Cattermole to make the squad from injury. Vaughan, Brown, Bendtner, Kilgallon all definitely injured, Bramble, Gordon and Angeleri too.

Mignolet; Bardsley, Turner, O'Shea, Richardson; Larsson, Gardner, Colback, McLean; Sessegnon, Campbell

Although there is talk that Campbell may need rested so Wickham may come back into start even though he hasn't been 100% since the turn of the year. Hope Campbell and Sessegnon both start though as pace in behind their defence will be our most likely route to success.

Apparently snowfall is scheduled as well. Given that it's Stoke I think hat, gloves and scarf will all be necessary?

I'd play Amos, De Gea's confidence is too low at the moment and this is a very important game. I quite fancy beating Chelsea but only by the odd goal so we need a solid performance by whoever's in goal and no howlers!

What Chelsea's back four should be on Sunday:

(L-R)

Bosingwa - Cahill - Luiz - Ivanovic

What Chelsea's back four could be on Sunday if we're being cynical about AVB's selection:

Ferreira - Luiz - Ivanovic - Bosingwa

If it's the latter, I think I might cry.