2011/12 UEFA Europa League

Lineker

They'll still get brutalized.

On a sidenote, Shamrock Rovers have signed Rohan Ricketts. So he gets a return to WHL.

That's a signing right out of Football Manager.

Scottish football doesn't need saved. I can go to Kilmarnock v [any team other than Rangers and Celtic] for about a tenner] and watch one of the most entertaining football sides I've ever seen play what will more than likely be a close-fought and exciting match.

I don't want any more than that.

Scottish football doesn't need saved. I can go to Kilmarnock v [any team other than Rangers and Celtic] for about a tenner] and watch one of the most entertaining football sides I've ever seen play what will more than likely be a close-fought and exciting match.

I don't want any more than that.

Pretty much, I actually like watching Hearts most of the time.

Also, I know I'm over a week late but my internet was out last week when the game was on so just to say that I thought we did well against Tottenham in London, even if it was against their youths and reserves. But hey, we had our youths and reserves out too.

No surprise the passing game worked a bit better when we had actual footballers in the midfield unlike the first leg too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin

lol, Sion.

Tottenham's Rafael van der Vaart has said he is annoyed at being left out of the club's Europa League squad.

The 28-year-old hobbled off during Spurs' 5-1 defeat to Manchester City and had originally expected to be out for six weeks with a hamstring injury.

But, despite now expecting to be fit for the Liverpool match next week, the omission means the playmaker will miss Spurs' six Europa group matches.

"Spurs could at least have consulted me," he told his official website.

In a section headlined "annoying" on his website, the Dutch international said: "I still think it's a peculiar situation.

"Anyway, it's up to the point of no return. I will be focusing on the game against Liverpool.

"I'm pretty convinced I will be fit by then."

The former Real Madrid player missed Holland's Euro 2012 qualifiers and was also sidelined as Harry Redknapp's team secured their first win of the season against Wolves on Saturday.

Redknapp intends to blood a number of youngsters such as Harry Kane, Tom Carroll and Jake Livermore in the Europa league to keep his squad fresh for a top four push in the Premier League.

Spurs kick off their Europa League campaign against PAOK Salonika in Greece on Thursday.

If they get through the group stages, they will be allowed to add three new names to their squad.

• Admin
Dynamo Kiev: Shovkovskiy, Danilo Silva, Betao, Popov, Vukojevic, Garmash, Ninkovic, Yussuf, Shevchenko, Yarmolenko, Milevskiy.

Subs: Koval, Aliev, Ideye, Haruna, Khacheridi, Correa, Dudu Rodrigues.

Stoke: Sorensen, Huth, Shawcross, Upson, Wilkinson, Shotton, Whelan, Diao, Palacios, Jones, Jerome.

Subs: Nash, Pennant, Whitehead, Walters, Arismendi.

Referee: Ovidiu Alin Hategan (Romania)

This game is on ITV4.

PAOK Salonika: Kresic, Malezas, Contreras, Lino, Etto, Pablo Garcia, Fotakis, Arias, Vieirinha, Athanasiadis, Salpingidis.

Subs: Chalkias, Balafas, Robert, Papazoglou, Ivic, Sznaucner, Tsoukalas.

Tottenham: Cudicini, Bassong, Corluka, Walker, Livermore, Townsend, Carroll, Pavlyuchenko, Giovani, Falque, Kane.

Subs: Gomes, Fredericks, Nicholson, Pritchard, Parrett, Stewart, Barthram.

Referee: Milorad Mazic (Serbia)

This game is on ESPN and BBC 5live.

• Admin
Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp on his starting XI versus PAOK: "We've got a mixture of experience and youth and six internationals so hopefully they will all gel together. I need to shuffle the keepers around also. Carlo Cudicini starts today and Heurelho Gomes will play next time, that's how I'm going to work it."

Poor Heurelho :(

Martins has scored for Rubin already <_<