2011/12 UEFA Europa League

Lineker

There was some chance for Rovers if they had gotten some of the other groups, but Spurs and Rubin Kazan will murder them. Still Spurs vs Shamrock Rovers should get them a big crowd.

I doubt Shamrock Rovers care all that much about their chances of getting through the group, they have their money game with Spurs now, good on them.

I'd put money on it getting switched to the Aviva though, thus killing the atmosphere with about 10000 inside a 55000 seater stadium.

Group A

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

Rubin Kazan

PAOK FC

SHAMROCK ROVERS

Group B

FC Copenhagen

Standard Liege

Hannover 96

Vorskla Poltava

Group C

PSV Eindhoven

Hapoel Tel-Aviv

Rapid Bucharest

Legia Warsaw

Group D

Sporting CP

Lazio

FC Zurich

FC Vaslui

Group E

Dynamo Kiev

Besiktas JK

STOKE CITY

Maccabi Tel-Aviv

Group F

PSG

Athletic Bilbao

FC Salzburg

Slovan Bratislava

Group G

AZ Alkmaar

Metalist Kharkiv

FK Austria Vienna

Malmo FF

Group H

SC Braga

Club Brugge

BIRMINGHAM CITY

NK Maribor

Group I

Atletico Madrid

Udinese

Rennes

FC Sion

Group J

FC Schalke 04

Steaua Bucharest

Maccabi Haifa

AEK Larnaca

Group K

FC Twente

FULHAM FC

Odense BK

Wisla Krakow

Group L

RSC Anderlecht

AEK Athens

Lokomotiv Moscow

Sturm Graz

Some fun groups here; Spurs/Shamrock is destiny, Group E is very difficult but I am confident Stoke will go far in this tournament, groups I and F will also be close. I'd say PSG, the Spurs, Schalke, Bilbao and Sporting CP are pretty much the "best" teams in the league.

Edited by The Quasi Juice

• Admin
UEFA EUROPA LEAGUE - GROUP STAGE DATES

Matchday 1 - September 15.

Matchday 2 - September 29.

Matchday 3 - October 20.

Matchday 4 - November 3.

Matchday 5 - November 30/December 1.

Matchday 6 - December 14/15.

UEFA EUROPA LEAGUE - GROUP STAGE DATES

Matchday 1 - PAOK v Spurs, Thursday, September 15, kick-off 6pm UK time.

Matchday 2 - Spurs v Shamrock Rovers, Thursday, September 29, 8.05pm UK.

Matchday 3 - Spurs v Rubin Kazan, Thursday, October 20, 8.05pm UK.

Matchday 4 - Rubin Kazan v Spurs, Thursday, November 3, 5pm UK.

Matchday 5 - Spurs v PAOK, Wednesday, November 30, 8.05pm UK.

Matchday 6 - Shamrock Rovers v Spurs, Thursday, December 15, 6pm UK.

That should push Sunderland v Stoke back to Sunday 18 September, thankfully I'd already assumed that would be the case and planned things accordingly, and without looking at who they're playing they'll be coming back from Turkey, Ukraine or Israel so hopefully tired enough for us to get a win. (EDIT: Away to Dyanmo Kiev)

Edited by IAceI

• Admin
Sion president Christian Constantin believes they will ultimately win their battle to remain in the Europa League.

Uefa are due to consider two appeals by Celtic, who were knocked out by Sion, on Friday afternoon.

And Constantin believes his club will eventually be found not to have breached rules over the fielding of ineligible players.

"The bottom line is that we are in the right. There's no doubt," the club president told BBC Scotland.

"It's just that there are cases where Fifa want to take unilateral decisions by force rather than by just means.

"Uefa approved the list of players we submitted, but now, because of pressure from Fifa, they're trying to find justification for making us forfeit the tie," he added.

"But I am not going to lose. We will battle fiercely to avoid losing the case. Fifa may try to mask the facts, but that won't be easy."

Constantin says the club can appeal to both Uefa and a civil court - rather than the Court of Arbitration for Sport - if Friday's decision goes against them.

"The civil court has already said we're right so, if the judge follows the same line, he'll find in our favour again," he added.

Asked whether there was time for this to be resolved before the Europa League starts on 15 September, Constantin added: "The judge could block the start of the competition. He could say this is not in order, and stop it beginning."

Regarding Celtic's appeal to Uefa, he added: "Celtic must look after their interests. I wouldn't do it, but Celtic are within their rights to do so."

However, Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell is similarly confident that the case will go his club's way.

"We need to respect the proceses that Uefa go through," he added.

"I believe we have a very strong case, but I think let's just leave it to the process they have put in place reasonably quickly."

Celtic reinstated to the Europa League subject to an appeal by Sion.

Celtic have been reinstated in the 2011/12 Europa League after FC Sion were made to forfeit their two play-off round ties.

The Swiss side have been adjudged by UEFA to have included five ineligible players in their squad for the two fixtures, with Pascal Feindouno, Gabri, Mario Mutsch, Jose Goncalves and Billy Ketkeophomphone all taking to the field against Neil Lennon’s side.

FC Sion however have the right of appeal to UEFA within the next three days, as well as having the option to elevate their case to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

Edited by Starvinho