WWE Brawl

I haven't seen this posted yet, so here it goes.

Apparently there's going to be a new WWE game called WWE Brawl in 2012 for the 360, PS3, and Wii. Quite honestly, the trailer leaves me less than impressed and while it's different genres, I can't help but thinking this is going the way of WWF Crush Hour.

Here's the trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BssF6scsfSE&feature=player_embedded

I actually quite enjoyed Crush Hour.

Granted I haven't played it in years and pretty much stopped playing it after I'd finished it but from memory it was an amusing diversion at the time.

Then again I was disappointed with WWE All Stars so my taste in wrestling related products is probably in question.

Looking at the art style and locations, it seems to me they'd be better of doing a sort of WWE-meets-Streets-of-Rage kind of thing. Yes, it's kind of stupid and out there, but I imagine younger fans would like it and it'd probably be a bit of a laugh. Even if it were just an XBLA game or something.

Looking at the art style and locations, it seems to me they'd be better of doing a sort of WWE-meets-Streets-of-Rage kind of thing. Yes, it's kind of stupid and out there, but I imagine younger fans would like it and it'd probably be a bit of a laugh. Even if it were just an XBLA game or something.

Clearly they should just re-release WWF Betrayal.

I have no idea who anyone is supposed to be in that thing beyond John Cena (in the cartoon shot) and Undertaker (in the cartoon shot).

Looks like they went the way of Marvel Imperfects and created some characters just for this game.

Edited by DiamondCutter

I have no idea who anyone is supposed to be in that thing beyond John Cena (in the cartoon shot) and Undertaker (in the cartoon shot).

I saw what I assume was meant to be Edge, so that's three.

Okay, Bear Slam is Big Show and War Cry is definitely Sheamus, and yeah, that's Triple H, possibly Edge, and possibly The Rock as well. I have no idea what they're highlighting in that video, but it's certainly not "game that looks any good."

Isn't this what the CHIKARA game is supposed to be like?

It's been so long since I've heard anything about Rudo Resurrection, I'm not even sure what the fuck it is anymore.

From what I gathered, Rudo Resurrection was always supposed to be Streets Of Rage gone CHIKARA, so maybe not too far off this idea, but 2D, and actually fun and not a visual eyesore. But it's all but dead - it probably will surface one day, but the production team haven't said a word all year, and the last official word on the subject from CHIKARA was "woah, guys, making a videogame is hard."