General Movie Thread

Jimmy

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand here is my article:

http://www.theyoungfolks.com/film/the-top-10-reasons-to-look-forward-to-the-upcoming-films-of-2013/24911

It took me forever to figure out the formatting for the slideshow, but I think I got it. Give it some views and maybe comments for me, guys! I would really appreciate it.

• Like 1

First film still stands up. I saw it the other week. Second one seemed too much of a Pans Labyrinth spin-off in some ways.

I'd like a resolution as the third one needs to be grandiose and epic due to his destiny of destroying the world

When I got back from Pacific Rim, I decided to a GDT marathon and watch the Hellboys. I still enjoyed the hell out of them so I think they stand up.

That said, Hellboy 3 is never happening so it would be wise to stop expecting it to.

I haven't seen a recent film that has legitimately blown me away in since TDK, and I'm convinced that the best writers must just have moved to TV due to the high quality of drama at the moment. Someone suggest me something that's on Netflix that will blow me away.

If you go into a film expecting to be blown away, chances are you won't be.

And the best writers haven't just moved into TV, they've been there awhile. TV is a writer's medium and film is a director's.

I haven't seen a recent film that has legitimately blown me away in since TDK, and I'm convinced that the best writers must just have moved to TV due to the high quality of drama at the moment. Someone suggest me something that's on Netflix that will blow me away.

Netflix's catalog is pretty heavily lacking in "great films from the last 5+ years" category. It's all action blockbusters or mediocre stuff they could pick up on the cheap.

The Wolf of Wall Street Trailer #2!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2cA2w0UkZY

Jesus, Christmas is a long ways away. :(

Oh yeah, if anybody's curious the runtime for this will apparently be 2 hours and 45 minutes long.