General Movie Thread

Jimmy

Yeah, basically that, though I have a mild interest in the world because we don't see big budget high fantasy that isn't Tolkien much and there's a ton of story to draw from. I've got decent hopes for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxAkcmycgyU

I absolutely fucking loved the Ruroni Kenshin manga. How did I not know this is a thing? Will report back at a later date!

Also, what's the best jumping in film for Ghibli films? I was thinking My Neighbor Totoro, anyone got any other suggestions or where to go after that? Also, dub or sub?

Also, what's the best jumping in film for Ghibli films? I was thinking My Neighbor Totoro, anyone got any other suggestions or where to go after that? Also, dub or sub?

If you can watch a subbed version, I'd say that one, but if you don't get used to it just watch them dubbed, it's not that much of a difference in the end. You should definitely watch Grave of the Fireflies, it's beautiful.

Kenshin film was fantastic. Strongly recommend to anyone that wants an awesome Samurai flick, it's serious fantastic. It's to anime adaptions what Iron Man was to comic adaptions. Seriously great stuff, even if you don't care about the anime.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=109738

Some fucking great posters. Man, Jennifer Lawrence. Stop being so god damn gorgeous.

Don't do this, Jennifer.

And it looks like I'll be cutting into my late 2013 list as I'm going to a screening of Captain Phillips tonight.