General Movie Thread

Jimmy

I think you'll get more people saying True Blood, but since I've seen and hated True Blood's first couple episodes and not seen Criminal Minds' first couple episodes, fuck it, go Criminal Minds. Mandy Patinkin's in it, right?

• Like 1

Criminal Minds is a guilty pleasure thing for me because of Mandy Patinkin and Thomas Gibson. I sat through season 1 of True Blood with a friend a few years back and it was dull as dishwater, really don't understand the praise it gets.

Uh, to keep this on the topic of MOVIEZ~, Runner Runner! I heard it was ass. Anyone see it? Is it as bad as I hear? Worse?

Runner Runner looks terribly lame and generic, so I'm not surprised. The premise appears to be "Hey, look! It's Batman Ben Affleck and Justin Timberlake! They're totally doing stuff!" Plus, I keep getting it confused with that other generic action movie that's coming out. The one with the female leads. I can't think of the name.

I'm hoping for more of the same rather than a sequel. Do a Cornetto Trilogy type deal. Franco, Rogen and the gang dealing with a zombie apocalypse, or having to live in a post apocalyptic wasteland and so on.

• Like 1

I'm hoping for more of the same rather than a sequel. Do a Cornetto Trilogy type deal. Franco, Rogen and the gang dealing with a zombie apocalypse, or having to live in a post apocalyptic wasteland and so on.

I'm all for this idea.

Just read on the movie's Wiki page that the sequel is on, and the apocalypse occurs during the premiere of This Is The End.

Eh, I'm totally against it. A Cornetto Trilogy like deal would be awesome, though maybe they don't want to draw too many similarities to that, as people are already comparing this with The World's End.

Hm. I'm a big fan of the series outside of the last one, but I'm just not too sure of this. Feels like it wants to tell a story and is forcing the previous films to be a part of it so they can sell it on the name. It's a shame really, the best film in terms of story was definitely number three, because we learned so much background stuff and it really built the world. This kind of looks like a better version of 4.

I guess it's a spin off, so that's not as big a deal, but eh.

Don't watch four if you value the series at all. It's the Jason X of the franchise. Or the Jaws 3D, take your pick. Seriously couldn't have been more of a money grab.

On the plus side they're taking an extra year for five and the original director is coming back. Really hoping it just tells more of the story of the demon. I want to know what it is, why it's doing the shit it's doing, how it got here and what it's end game is.