General Movie Thread

Jimmy

I feel that with 2015 having such anticipated films that next year is kind of getting the shaft, when in my view there are so many movies I can't wait to watch.

From what I remember, there's:

LEGO Movie

300 2

Grand Budhapest Hotel

Muppets 2

Noah

Godzilla

Captain America 2

Spider-Man 2

X-Men 2

Fast 7

Guardians of the Galaxy

Sin City 2

Expendables 3

Big Hero 6

Hunger Games 3

Hobbit 3

For me, that's a lot of stuff I want to see in the cinema.

Tkz, according to what people have told me Mud is kinda' similar. Also, Moonrise Kingdom?

Hey, guys. I'm finally getting around to writing my first article for the new site I got hired at. The topic is Top 10 reasons why the end of 2013 is gonna be excellent for film and it's basically the top 10 movies I'm looking forward to. I've done some pretty extensive research into it, and have come out with the following list to pick from:

Dallas Buyer's Club

Thor: The Dark World

The Wolf Of Wall Street

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

Frozen

Nebraska*

Oldboy

Inside Llewyn Davis

Out of the Furnace

American Hustle

Saving Mr. Banks

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

Her

The Monuments Men

Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

Basically, it's all movies coming out in November an December. (Which is why The Counselor is not on there.) Is there any other big movie, or great looking indie film I might be missing here? Any help would be great.

*Regarding "Nebraska", Breaking Bad Spoilers:

Bob Odenkirk is in "Nebraska" and I'm gonna go ahead and choose to believe that Vince Gilligan knew that and that's why he sent Saul to Nebraska.

You pretty much got them all. The only ones I can really suggest are All is Lost (which is out already but only in limited theaters) and Lone Survivor (limited release at the end of December before it goes wide in January) but I'm not sure that either of those would crack your Top 10 anyways.

Well, you can take The Monuments Men off the list because it's been delayed to 2014 for effects work.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/george-clooneys-monuments-men-pushed-650274

The Wolf of Wall Street has also been delayed until Christmas but at least it's still coming out this year.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/22/the-wolf-of-wall-street-coming-this-christmas

Yeah. It was great finding out that Wolf of Wall Street is still coming out this year when I read about it yesterday seeing as the last couple of weeks it was being said that it wouldn't be released till next year.

Sucks about The Monuments Men, though.

Only movie I might add to that list is Lone Survivor.

You pretty much got them all. The only ones I can really suggest are All is Lost (which is out already but only in limited theaters) and Lone Survivor (limited release at the end of December before it goes wide in January) but I'm not sure that either of those would crack your Top 10 anyways.

<_<

Lone Survivor doesn't look THAT must-see or anything to me, though, I guess there could be an argument made for its "bigness" if you will. Either way, Livid is right. It wouldn't crack my Top 10, or even Top 15 for that matter.

As far as Wall Street coming out on a crowded day, yeah. I mean, it's kinda sucky since there are going to be a few movies I wanna see coming out that day, but I'll probably be seeing it beforehand anyway through a screening.