General Movie Thread

Jimmy

I found it pretty lame. It's pretty much a carbon copy of Spider-Man but longer and not as thrilling (which isn't to say Spider-Man is very thrilling to begin with.)

I'm not saying Spidey is bad or anything. It's not my favorite ride in the parks, but it's fun. Transformers felt like it was ripping it off way too much and that became a huge turn off for me.

I liked Transformers as a kid, but I don't feel like the films raped my childhood or similar, I just didn't think they were remotely good films.

Bad Boys and Armageddon on the other hand are actually pretty good, so I don't think expecting something reasonable was particularly silly.

I hated the Transformers movies because I loved the toys, the comics and the cartoons as I was growing up, then they announced Michael Bay was directing and I had no idea who that was. Wikipedia quickly told me he directed Armageddon, which I loved and had some pretty awesome action scenes to boot, so I was excited.

Then I saw the movie and wanted to throw up. In Michael Bay's face.

Everything after that just got worse. It's not that it's a Michael Bay movie for me, it's that it's a Transformers movie, a frnachise I fucking love.

Also, GoGo is right, Beast Wars was bad ass.

• Like 1

Ah yes. I forgot to report.

It made me sad, angry, and want to do something about it. So it did its job.

As in it made you want to take out that serial killer whale, right?

What does Martin Scorcese actually have to do with that kung fu movie? I'm curious whether this is some weird oddity I need to seek out or not

Alright, so I'm watching RoboCop now and never expected to see the guy in there who plays Red Foreman in That 70's Show.

I love Robocop! It may be in like my top 15 ever. Top 20 for sure

• Like 1

What does Martin Scorcese actually have to do with that kung fu movie? I'm curious whether this is some weird oddity I need to seek out or not

Not much, really. He's just lending his name to draw attention to it. Not sure if it's a favor or if he liked it or whatever but he has no involvement with it other than using his name to advertise it.