General Movie Thread

Jimmy

I want to see it but my wife isn't really interested in seeing it. I have Friday off so I might just go and watch it on my own in the morning.

Go see it. It's wonderful

I want to see it but my wife isn't really interested in seeing it. I have Friday off so I might just go and watch it on my own in the morning.

Go see it. It's wonderful

This.

"When a mix up sees Woody, Buzz and all your other favourites accidentally donated to a scheme designed to provide toys to the suffering children in Iraq and Afghanistan, how will they make it back home? Especially when more local toys start to become jealous of the attention shown to their infidelic, mass produced American counterparts..."

Toy Story 4 has been confirmed for June 2017. Lasseter is back to direct.

I'm so torn on this, not sure how to feel about it.

And apparently Andrew Stanton wrote it with Lasseter with a little help from...Rashida Jones? Yep.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/la-et-mn-animation-special-20141107-story.html?track=rss

So they've announced the plot & cast of the Warcraft film that Duncan Jones is directing.

Misc

The team had tried to do the movie different ways before, but were never comfortable with how it was working out.

There is a lot of story to cover with Warcraft, so they are starting with Warcraft 1.

The movie will follow heroes on both factions, "50% Alliance, 50% Horde".

Blizzard feels the team has done a great job with the movie and that everyone is in good hands with them.

There is a scene where everything is burning down, Durotan is in his tent with Draka.

The visual effects are very realistic. Motion capture was used, the team worked with ILM to make it feel as much like live action as possible.

Effects are Avatar and Lord of the Rings at the same time.

Very detailed sets were built, such as part of Stormwind's main street.

Camera operator could see the digital Orcs in real time when capturing the footage.

There was training on how to physically act as an Orc.

Characters

Lothar - Travis Fimmel

Durotan - Toby Kebbell

Medivh - Ben Foster

Gul'dan - Daniel Wu

Lady Taria - Ruth Negga

Orgrim - Robert Kazinsky (Twitter)

Was entertaining on the panel.

Started as a Warrior in Burning Crusade, switched to Death Knight in Wrath of the Lich King, 500+ days played, top 100 guild.

Taking questions on @Legendary later tonight.

King Llane - Dominic Cooper

Blackhand - Clancy Brown

Khadgar - Ben Schnetzer

Garona - Paula Patton - Done with live action instead of motion capture.