General Movie Thread

Jimmy

Nightcrawler was a flipping excellent film from this year.

• Like 1

So i was looking at movies that are still due to come out this month and next month and was curious for movies coming out in the next 6 weeks or so what you guys think are gonna be good, im defiantly going to see The Gambler and American Sniper this month but i dunno what else for next month besides Taken 3, i love those movies

Entourage! :w00t:

Can't wait for the exciting act two cliffhanger of "will Vince's movie make a hundred million or A HUNDRED BILLION" or whatever.

Belatedly on Lucy, it was an interesting movie. Not great but decently good. The big problem with it was that as an action movie there were no stakes whatsoever, but as sort of this odd way of sneaking Buddhist ideology into an action movie it was decent.

• Like 2

Wow, I change my avatar a week ago and now John Waters is doing a table reading of a new Pink Flamingoes for an art exhibit.

It isn't a sequel or a prequel. It is a remake, starring children. One of the most obscene movies of all time is getting a childrens remake.

This is my early Christmas present.

• Like 2

I saw Into the Woods yesterday. It was a good adaptation of the musical, except for the fact that they cut my favorite song. It was well acted and sung, the visuals were incredible, the orchestration was good, and overall, save for that one little gripe, it's a good film. I'd recommend it - provided that you like Sondheim.

I liked it. I pretty much said to myself "Hey, we both know what this is going to be. Let's just enjoy a Middle-Earth epic". And hey, I did.

If you go into it expecting something more fitting with the books, you're in for some disappointment.

• Like 2

Yeah, I recently watched the first two with the mindset of "Let's just watch an epic that is stunningly beautiful with amazing music" and they were even better than when I watched it the first time.

Watching the second Purge movie now. This franchise needs to fucking die.

• Like 1