General Movie Thread

Jimmy

Kind of curious - does anyone else have spreadsheets of films and television they've seen and/or am I just a huge nerd?

I like to keep track of everything I've seen at the cinema.

Which brings me on the the latest one - Foxcatcher. Hmmm... a decent film, though tediously slow at times (particularly the opening 45 mins). I think it either needed more time to flesh out some of the peripheral characters and better establish motivations for - well - pretty much everyone, or cut it down and make it a sub 2 hour film. It's probably a 3/5 (the performances themselves probably warrant that), but I've seen reviews that give it much more and I couldn't justify it myself.

I did contemplate that the other day, but I hate the idea of not being able to access it if it goes down or closes, or having to transfer everything if it does.

Highly doubt it'll close down anytime soon, from what I've read it's been doing fantastically from a financial standpoint.

Also, Jimmy uses Letterboxd? Am I following you?

And anyone seen Kill the Messenger? Going to be watching it soon, and surprised I haven't heard anything about it.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.nerdist.com/2015/02/jurassic-world-has-the-best-website/

It's an amusing way to waste a few minutes, poking around the Jurassic World website. Gentle giants petting zoo! T-Rex feeding at 4PM!

Why did people like Argo? I watched it last night and it was terrible. Historically inaccurate, the weirdest tone shifts in a mainstream movie (swanky Hollywood montage scene with fun music to oh my gosh the Iranians are going to kill us), Ben Affleck was dull as the lead, and it was just trope after trope after trope. Literally every part of the movie that they changed from real life somehow made the movie worse.