General Movie Thread

Jimmy

Stupid to use what Depp has done lately as an excuse to dismiss this film. That trailer was great, it looks like he's completely disappeared into the role. He's a fantastic actor when he wants to be, and this doesn't look phoned in at all.

• Like 1

Oh yeah definitely. If it was clear he wasn't trying I'd not even bother but I would imagine the studio would be conscience of putting anything out there that would indicate otherwise. That said, there's no way that the material isn't good (dat cast tho) so I'm holding out hope, I'm just not on board immediately like I otherwise would be.

I think it's pretty okay to be wary of a Johnny Depp film in 2015. Guy hasn't been trying for a while now. Obviously you shouldn't write a film off, but no one is - they're just not assuming that it'll be good based on his presence, because it hasn't meant much in a while now.

• Like 2

Man, I totally get what LL said about trailers showing too much nowadays. This Tomorrowland trailer spoils one super fun looking scene by showing a bunch of clips from it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjEgmx2kQP4

Still really looking forward to it, though. All of Brad Bird's stuff has been great.

I think it's pretty okay to be wary of a Johnny Depp film in 2015. Guy hasn't been trying for a while now. Obviously you shouldn't write a film off, but no one is - they're just not assuming that it'll be good based on his presence, because it hasn't meant much in a while now.

I seem to recall an interview a while back where he said he wasn't particularly bothered about perceptions any more and just wanted to make movies he thought he'd have fun on, but for the life of me I can't find it.

First look at Arrows Stephen Amell as Casey Jones for TMNT2

ZiNQROb.jpg

I don't like that mask at all

RE: Casey Jones, I can see why some people would take issue with it. It looks like a custom piece, so either Jones happens to own a 3D printer, or somebody is going to figure out who the guy beating up crooks with a hockey stick is.

The kid from We're The Millers is going to be Pennywise in Cary Fukunaga's It.

Yea, this already sounds terrible. Granted, I'm biased since I remember watching Tim Curry play Pennywise...and it didn't help my fear of clowns at all

RE: Casey Jones, I can see why some people would take issue with it. It looks like a custom piece, so either Jones happens to own a 3D printer, or somebody is going to figure out who the guy beating up crooks with a hockey stick is.

Exactly...even this

casey-jones-1990.jpeg

Doen't quite match what I now think Casey Jones should look like, since I don't think an NHL goalie ever wore a mask like that. I know that is what his mask was in the cartoon, but as I've gotten older, I think something more akin to a Jason-like mask, something that looks like it was picked up second hand or at a pawn shop, looks better. The original mask looks that much more then the new one does