General Movie Thread

Jimmy

Fury Road is so different and not what I expected at all. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it. It's like George Miller said "here's what I wish I could've done with the tanker scene" in Road Warrior.

Edited by EndOfAnEra

If you've seen Fury Road and want to hear the backstory of CLEARLY THE BEST CHARACTER:

9964101ef12a583add70512689fa4cb4b7a56abd

Fast forward nearly five years and he’s poised for a breakout. And if there’s ever a Coma-Doof Warrior prequel, iOTA says that the origin story already exists. Before filming, the performer and Miller created a grim backstory for the character: He was a child music prodigy who watched as his mother, also a musician, was beheaded. The boy was then found by Fury Road’s chief villain, Immortan Joe (Hugh Keays-Byrne), mom’s severed head still in hand. Joe adopted the boy, who continued playing and grew up to be Joe’s troop-rallying rocker.

And it’s a good thing we never get too much of a close-up on the character in Fury Road: iOTA says the mask he’s wearing in the film, according to his and Miller’s backstory, is the face of his late mother, which he sliced from her skull. Told you it was dark.

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeesus.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/mad-max-fury-road-guitar-player-actor-doof-warrior-118997835292.html

What weirds me out is that George Miller also did the Happy Feet movies. And Lorenzo's Oil. And Babe: Pig In The City.

I just. What.

• Like 1

What weirds me out is that George Miller also did the Happy Feet movies. And Lorenzo's Oil. And Babe: Pig In The City.

I just. What.

Uhh yeah. Only someone that twisted could come up with Fury Road.

• Like 1

Black Narcissus is fantastic. Powell and Pressburger were so ridiculously ahead of their time, and I'm not surprised Scorsese is so in love with them being the cinephile he is. If the synopsis of this one doesn't quite interest you, please check out A Matter of Life and Death, which is one of my all-time favourite films, or The Red Shoes, which is similarly incredible.

Oh man, I wanna be at Cannes this year. So many interesting films there, and a lot of art house directors with English language films. Especially excited for Yorgos Lanthimos' The Lobster. I loved Dogtooth, and this has a similarly strange concept and is full of good actors, and has been getting some great reviews.

Oh man, I wanna be at Cannes this year. So many interesting films there, and a lot of art house directors with English language films. Especially excited for Yorgos Lanthimos' The Lobster. I loved Dogtooth, and this has a similarly strange concept and is full of good actors, and has been getting some great reviews.

You and me both, Jimward. :( I'm trying to see if I can at least make Sundance in January happen.

But does Anna Kendrick get strapped to a giant drum-mobile with a double necked electric guitar that shoots fire?

Uhh no, its about an a capella group.

But does Anna Kendrick get strapped to a giant drum-mobile with a double necked electric guitar that shoots fire?

Uhh no, its about an a capella group.

Hey man, those things are like 10 percent singing, 90 percent costumes and set pieces that the group could never afford.

Is there a site or YouTube channel out there that does synopsis' on movies? I was watching CinemaSins or whatever it's called and I like the way they go through the films with footage and stuff like that, doing it in a decent chunk of time - but I think the premise and the things they point out are just absolutely mind grating.