General Movie Thread

Jimmy

Seeing Chris Pratt in all of these movies just feels weird, if only because he was kind of a side character in the first thing I ever saw him - the Everwood TV show, set in Colorado, filmed in Canada, wherein he played the big brother of one of the female leads. I mean, he's awesome in all of them, but it means that I can't watch a show which I loved without being, "Hey, Star-Lord!" each time I start a mini-marathon. Still, yes, Pratt being attached means that, if nothing else, the movie will be well-done. I hope Pratt is the one of them who brings a knife to a gun fight and totally wins by throwing the blade underhand.

Why do they need to remake everything? KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN!

This is either really awesomely tongue-in-cheek or you're forgetting a key thing about The Magnificent Seven.

:lol::lol::lol:

I would never forget about Seven Samurai, have that one on dvd and blu-ray.

Ethan Hawke, Chris Pratt and Daniel Washington have all been cast in the Magnificent Seven remake. That movie already sounds like the greatest thing ever.

Also, what movie isn't Chris Pratt in?

I can Hawke playing Jeff Jarrett, Pratt as Buff Bagwell but I'm just having a hard time figuring out who Denzel plays. A re-imagined Ric Flair?

I saw Kingsman last night - it is loads of fun!

Got out of being dragged to see Fifty Shades of Grey! WOOOOHOOOO!!!

(But I'll end up forced to watch it once its out on dvd and blu-ray.....)

We couldn't afford it last month, and this month I'm taking Heidi to see Insurgent for her birthday. May also go see Chappie before the month is over. Next month her son wants to go see Fast 7 (so do I, so that's a win-win) for his birthday, which is 8 days before mine.

As a means of keeping my eyes occupied while eating just now I've discovered that, after the first three Twilight films, The Maze Runner is the next most successful YA fiction film adaption when success is viewed as box office earnings as a percentage of budget. I know that's a fairly specific way of looking at it, and odd that I'd think to look it all up in the first place, but it beats the last two Twilights, every Harry Potter, both Hunger Games' so far, and Divergent. This seems strange for something I'd never heard of until going to see it at the cinema when the others all had at least moderate hype behind the prior to their release.

Maybe it's because I was/am a huge fan of the Mr Vampire series, maybe its because I find most supernatural flicks boring and by the numbers, whatever the case may be I have no idea but I do know that Juno Mak's Rigor Mortis is actually a great genre film that has a legitimately strong cast that provides heart abd soul to a movie that could have been really silly and would suggest it to genre fans. The only downside really is that its too ambitious for its running time and is one of a few movies I'd say needs a sequel/prequel movie or companion series.

Man, there is so much potential fun in that Ghostbusters movie. The Russos directing, a Drew Pearce script, Tatum and Pratt, as cool as the all-female Ghostbusters movie is probably going to be, this one sounds just as entertaining.

• 2 weeks later...

New Mission Impossible movie is going to be called Rogue Nation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B2BDn3_lo0

And the full trailer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXwaKB7YOjw

Looks great. So glad they moved it up into the summer.

Also, Steven Spielberg will direct the adaptation of Ready Player One.

http://deadline.com/2015/03/ready-player-one-movie-steven-spielberg-ernest-cline-warner-bros-1201398299/

He's a legend obviously but I can't help but find it amusing that they hired a 70 year old to direct a movie heavily influenced by video games.

Edited by livid