General Movie Thread

Jimmy

Probably. The Oscars are horrifically biased towards English speaking films. Two Days, One Night is probably the best film I've seen this year. It deserves to win Best Actress, but I'd be surprised if Cotillard was even nominated. I guess The Academy like her given her previous Oscar, but I doubt the film will have any sort of campaign, as I can't imagine The Dardenne Brothers care all that much.

I was surprised the Golden Globes snubbed it in the foreign film category, and based on how little I'm hearing of it I'm pretty sure the Oscars' foreign language category is going to snub it as well.

I'm just 25 minutes into it and it's pretty great already.

Although I may still be overruled by others who are joining me, which should I see at the cinema this Thursday: The Theory of Everything or Foxcatcher?

(I'll probably still try to catch the other at a later date)

It's not bad. As everyone's been saying, pure Oscar bait, but Eddie Redmayne is fucking incredible. His and Felicity Jones' performances absolutely warrant a watch, but that's about all it offers, though. Redmayne absolutely deserves his nomination, and probably deserves to win as well.

• 2 weeks later...