General Movie Thread

Jimmy

Jurassic World comes out basically in the middle of both on June 12th.

And I mean, the summer may be packed but it has a hell of a lot better chance there than it did against Star Wars.

Edited by livid

I'm going to be so broke in the summer :(

That's why they moved it up, right? So that it doesn't die against Star Wars. What is it sharing its opening weekend with? Terminator?

Also, I would fucking love for Idris Elba to play the baddie in Star Trek 3.

• Like 1

Spielberg directing Ready Player One is amazing. That is not what I was expecting, but then the video games/culture that Ready Player One constantly references are almost exclusively from the '80s and '70s so it makes sense.

That's why they moved it up, right? So that it doesn't die against Star Wars. What is it sharing its opening weekend with? Terminator?

It shares the weekend with Southpaw, a boxing drama from Antoine Fuqua with Jake Gyllenhaal (that was originally supposed to be Eminem's follow-up to 8 Mile). Fantastic Four comes out a week later but that's not likely to cut into the more adult-oriented demos of MI:5. So yeah...they made the right decision.

Idris in anything is great but even better if he's playing a bad guy.

It shares the weekend with Southpaw, a boxing drama from Antoine Fuqua with Jake Gyllenhaal (that was originally supposed to be Eminem's follow-up to 8 Mile). Fantastic Four comes out a week later but that's not likely to cut into the more adult-oriented demos of MI:5. So yeah...they made the right decision.

Idris in anything is great but even better if he's playing a bad guy.

Speak of the Devil...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D68vmev7KZc

They seem to show a little too much but Gyllenhaal has been on fire lately so I'm on board.

Fucking hell, I initially heard one of those lines as "You're like a kike, dancing in a hurricane" and I was so confused.

That trailer looks amazing, though. 2015 is seriously just turning out to be week after week of me spending money at the cinema.

Variety is reporting Arrows Stephen Amell will play Casey Jones in TMNT 2