General Movie Thread

Jimmy

I've missed so many good films this year because the major cinema chains near me won't touch anything slightly interesting. There's a cinema back in Ipswich which has showed Mommy, Dreamcatcher, Timbuktu, The Tribe and a bunch of other interesting films. It's so stupid that somewhere like Cineworld can't spare one of their screens a week in the interest of showing different films.

Jurassic World was batshit insane. I was critical of a lot of it, but at some point the dinosaur loving 7 year old in me said SHUT UP THIS IS AWESOME!!

And the bad bits are all pretty much so bad and stupid that they're good. It is absolutely not better than Jurassic Park, but its not even trying to be the same movie. Much better than Lost World and 3 though.

My favorite parts were all the allusions to Jurassic Park, large and small

THEY WENT TO THE ORIGINAL WELCOME CENTER!!!!

All of the mentions and throwbacks to the first film was the best part about this film, besides the dinosaurs, of course.

My favorite line had to be Irrfan Khan's character paraphrasing Hammond's famous "Spared no expenses!" line. I marked out so hard for that

:P

I'm yet to see it but I have a question based on the trailer.

The idea behind Jurassic Park was that they got all of their dinosaur DNA from mosquitoes preserved in amber. Is there some new way they've found to do it in this one or something because I can't really figure out how they'd get DNA for the big marine dinosaur from a mosquito in amber?

:lol:

It's weird. I've always loved Dinosaurs but I've never really got excited by jurassic park movies but Kevin Smith just talked about the ending of the new one on Fatman on Batman and oh my Christ I have to see this fucking movie.

Also, this thread is...something. The first thing I've come across that'll crash my tablet's browser.

Edited by Kirkland

A friend was talking about Jurassic World and Inside Out, with his partner on facebook. Does it seem at all strange that they said there were no kids in two showings of Inside Out(they saw it on different days) but there were heaps of kids, down to as young as toddler age at the screening of Jurassic world that they went to? I mean yeah kids would think dinosaurs are cool but is it really a toddler friendly flick and not even one kid at two different showings of inside out? Of course I've not seen either so maybe JW is more child friendly than I realize and IO is not as kiddy as I think.

It's a Pixar movie, of course it's the more child friendly :P what you said is pretty strange, though, because parents love taking their kids to animated films more than anything else. I guarantee there is actually more kids watching Inside Out than Jurassic World.