General Movie Thread

Jimmy

I really don't understand their thought process for the marketing of it at all. It seems like Paramount thought there was more interest in seeing Arnold as The Terminator again than there actually is and they don't know any other way to market it so they've just been throwing stuff at the wall in the hopes that something sticks.

Edited by livid

Jack Reacher is pretty good and he's in that!

But yeah, for the most part, I'll be forever dumbfounded how he and Sam Worthington continue to book high profile gigs. I'd have assumed at least one of them would have been relegated to Kellan Lutz territory by now.

Sam Worthington has booked high profile roles since The Year of Worthington?

Jack Reacher is pretty good and he's in that!

But yeah, for the most part, I'll be forever dumbfounded how he and Sam Worthington continue to book high profile gigs. I'd have assumed at least one of them would have been relegated to Kellan Lutz territory by now.

Sam Worthington has booked high profile roles since The Year of Worthington?

Yeah I guess I hadn't been as up on his filmography as I thought. He's gotten a few decent gigs (Sabotage and the upcoming Everest) but it's mostly Avatar stuff right now. Still though, it should have happened quicker. <_<

He doesn't really need another big gig, though, right? Avatar 2 is probably going to make him a few mountains of money. I think he likes being the big fish in little pond of Australian cinema instead, as he doesn't have to worry about another big money gig.

It continues to bum me out that James Cameron isn't going to make anything but Avatar for probably the rest of his career. If anyone could get a big budget R-Rated Sci-Fi action film greenlit again, it'd be him.

Well, that... and who else is going to sneak Bill Paxton back into big budget films? It's what the world needs.

Edited by TKzo Amore

It continues to bum me out that James Cameron isn't going to make anything but Avatar for probably the rest of his career. If anyone could get a big budget R-Rated Sci-Fi action film greenlit again, it'd be him.

Well, that... and who else is going to sneak Bill Paxton back into big budget films? It's what the world needs.

I will.

I don't know if it's just the big theatre/IMAX feel but I felt more invested in the new one. But it's not taking away anything from the original, I just liked the plot that was presented in this one slightly more than the other.

I will say though the CGI in the old one holds up very well despite being 22 years old.

I don't know if it's just the big theatre/IMAX feel but I felt more invested in the new one. But it's not taking away anything from the original, I just liked the plot that was presented in this one slightly more than the other.

I will say though the CGI in the old one holds up very well despite being 22 years old.

Weren't most of the dinosaurs in the original animatronics?

• Like 1

I hate waiting for movies to hit DVD. I wanna watch 'Unfriended' and 'It Follows' already!

Weren't most of the dinosaurs in the original animatronics?

Yeah, and it was freaking lovely. The first Jurassic Park is one of the best blockbusters ever.

Yeah, plus they were using CGI to simply enhance their effects, rather than using it to make everything. They also didn't do that stupid fucking blue/green hue thing that movies are doing now, which World is super guilty of.

There was a whole cracked article a few months back about how there's way toooo much CGI in movies now, centering mostly around Jurassic World.

I will.

You're doing gods work, son. Game over, man. Game over.

Also, holy shit Creed looks good. It's like someone approached Sly about a new Rocky and said - "hey... what if, what if we just used the history of the franchise as a background... and instead of a goofy boxing movie, we just made a really good drama?"

I will.

You're doing gods work, son. Game over, man. Game over.

Also, holy shit Creed looks good. It's like someone approached Sly about a new Rocky and said - "hey... what if, what if we just used the history of the franchise as a background... and instead of a goofy boxing movie

goofy boxing movie

goofy boxing movie

The fuck, Ticklez, I thought you were cool? :(

• Like 1

Yeah, plus they were using CGI to simply enhance their effects, rather than using it to make everything. They also didn't do that stupid fucking blue/green hue thing that movies are doing now, which World is super guilty of.

There was a whole cracked article a few months back about how there's way toooo much CGI in movies now, centering mostly around Jurassic World.

I think we actually discussed this fairly recently (I mentioned how good JP looked by comparison to the Star Wars prequels a decade later), but while there are plenty of amazing anamatronics there is still some top CGI on the brachiosaurs and the T-rex that really hold up well. Still looks amazing.