General Movie Thread

Jimmy

Yeah, plus they were using CGI to simply enhance their effects, rather than using it to make everything. They also didn't do that stupid fucking blue/green hue thing that movies are doing now, which World is super guilty of.

There was a whole cracked article a few months back about how there's way toooo much CGI in movies now, centering mostly around Jurassic World.

I think we actually discussed this fairly recently (I mentioned how good JP looked by comparison to the Star Wars prequels a decade later), but while there are plenty of amazing anamatronics there is still some top CGI on the brachiosaurs and the T-rex that really hold up well. Still looks amazing.

Yeah, definitely the bit at the end with the T-Rex still looks great. All the CGI is used to enhance the experience, rather than be the experience. And the Star Wars prequels...hoooboy, those things, particularly Attack of the Clones, look like absolute dogshit now. The same thing is going to happen with The Hobbit films in a few years.

• Like 1

It continues to bum me out that James Cameron isn't going to make anything but Avatar for probably the rest of his career. If anyone could get a big budget R-Rated Sci-Fi action film greenlit again, it'd be him.

Well, that... and who else is going to sneak Bill Paxton back into big budget films? It's what the world needs.

I will.

You're doing gods work, son. Game over, man. Game over.

Also, holy shit Creed looks good. It's like someone approached Sly about a new Rocky and said - "hey... what if, what if we just used the history of the franchise as a background... and instead of a goofy boxing movie

goofy boxing movie

goofy boxing movie

The fuck, Ticklez, I thought you were cool? :(

Well, he's right, you know.

I still think besides the Star Wars prequels, the CGI that is going to make movies look really bad are the Harry Potter ones. Everything just looked so goddamn clunky, even the last two.

I went into Terminator Genisys expecting a bad movie, and I was not disappointed.  Its not unwatchable, but its also not good.  Some of the CGI looks Sharknado bad.

Speaking of Genisys, I think I've figure out the wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff.

None of the subsequent films after 

The Terminator happened in the timeline for Genisys. Instead of sending the T-1000 to kill John Connor as a child subsequent to the failure of the initial Terminator to kill Sarah Connor before John is born, SkyNet sent the T-1000 to kill Sarah Connor as a child. The Resistance responded the same way they did in T2, sending a T-800 Model 101 to stop the T-1000. The rest is what you find in the film.

Speaking of Genisys, I think I've figure out the wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff.

Hidden Content

Edited by Maxx
  • Like 1

Let's fulfill Lars' wishes from his last 20 365 films posts and keep the EWB Film Club alive for Shark Week. I have a list of at least 6 shitty shark movies that I might want to watch.

• Like 1

I'm shying away from the Sharknado and Jaws franchises and leaning more towards things that take things away from the typical water setting. Here's my list of potential watches:

Sharks in Venice - Okay, it's still water but it's VENICE!

Bait - It's not the sea, it's a flooded shopping mall!

Shark Night - From the director of Snakes on a Plane!

Hammerhead - AKA SharkMan! Jeffrey Combs!

Deep Blue Sea - Samuel L motherfucking Jackson!

Sand Sharks - They don't even have to swim in water, they swim in sand! And it has Brooke Hogan!

Snow Shark - Sharks ate Santa!

Jersey Shore Shark Attack - This needs no introduction...

Supershark - Giant shark vs the army with mech suits!

• Like 1

Snow Shark is really bad Ellis. They use a wooden shark fin..

Hammerhead, Bait, Shark Night, Super Shark, Jersey Shore Shark Attack, Sand Shark and I meant the rest is are good choices.

Ghost Shark 1 was awesome though, that shark could go through pipelines and toilets and just anywhere where water is he could teleport.

Basicly everything what's on this list: http://cinemassacre.com/2013/08/06/top-40-shitty-shark-movies/

Edited by Lars Elric
  • Like 1

The new Tina Fey & Amy Poehler movie. Looks fucking fun, just like how they always do it :) 

Also, the new David O. Russell colab with Jennifer Lawrence. I love this kind of trailer, it shows so much that could be a ton of fun, but you don't actually know what is going on that led up to it. My kind of trailer.

• Like 1

Wow. See? I saw Edgar Ramirez throughout the trailer but at about 1:13 during the stairs scene and stuff I could've SWORN that was Oscar Isaac. TBF, the shots are quick.

Edited by The Doof WaLLior