General Movie Thread

Jimmy

It's a Pixar movie, of course it's the more child friendly :P what you said is pretty strange, though, because parents love taking their kids to animated films more than anything else. I guarantee there is actually more kids watching Inside Out than Jurassic World.

Looking at how much Jurassic World is making, I'm not sure that's true.

Well, Jurassic World has been out for two weeks, Inside Out has only been out for around 2 days, and it isn't out in a lot of markets yet (like here :( ). Plus, I think there is more adult appeal for Jurassic World than Inside Out as well.

• Like 1

I didn't mean whether or not Jurassic park was more kid friendly than inside out. :P Just that I know nothing about inside out and just automatically assumed it was a kids movie because Pixar. Then I thought maybe its not as kiddy as the average Pixar movie and it'd then explain why in that small sample kids seemed to be absent from one movie and overflowing in the second with the cool dinosaurs.

Went to see Jurassic World with the missus and two of our friends. Actually really enjoyed it. It is what you expect it to be really but that isn't a knock against the film.

Paranormal Activity 5: Ghost Dimension, the "final" (lol) film in the series has released the trailer.

That looks fucking terrible. They've thrown away every fucking thing that made Paranormal Activity remotely scary (the fact you never actually fucking see anything for the most part) and have replaced it with the worst kind of hollywood CGI scares. Those films have always been about foregoing jump scares (for the most part) for just a horrible, creepy as shit atmosphere.

Ugh. I mean, I'll see it because I've watched all the rest and I actually enjoy the lore behind it, but this looks like some hollywood producer came in, dumped a truck full of money for the budget and told them to CGI the shit out of everything.

• Like 1

Those films have always been about foregoing jump scares (for the most part)

Were they really, though? I can maybe see that argument for the first film, but every film since then has been LOUD NOISE JUMP SCARE ABOOGA BOOGA BOOGA. They just got progressively worse.

• Like 1

Paranormal Activity 5: Ghost Dimension, the "final" (lol) film in the series has released the trailer.

That looks fucking terrible. They've thrown away every fucking thing that made Paranormal Activity remotely scary (the fact you never actually fucking see anything for the most part) and have replaced it with the worst kind of hollywood CGI scares. Those films have always been about foregoing jump scares (for the most part) for just a horrible, creepy as shit atmosphere.

Ugh. I mean, I'll see it because I've watched all the rest and I actually enjoy the lore behind it, but this looks like some hollywood producer came in, dumped a truck full of money for the budget and told them to CGI the shit out of everything.

I think they've reached the point where not showing things has run its course, there's only so much you can do before it starts getting extremely repetitive. If they are serious about this being the last one, they might as well try to show what the demons look like, because why the hell not at this point?

Really excited to watch Terminator Genysis because it looks like it will be an absolute train wreck and the ads have spoiled all their fun twists, much like they did with T2.

Somehow I missed this little gem of an ad:

Based on how many plot points they've given away in their trailers, I can only assume that at one point in Game of Thrones, Daenerys will become the Iron Throne.
  • Like 2

Jack Reacher is pretty good and he's in that!

But yeah, for the most part, I'll be forever dumbfounded how he and Sam Worthington continue to book high profile gigs. I'd have assumed at least one of them would have been relegated to Kellan Lutz territory by now.