Cricket!

nabeel

• 4 weeks later...

In news which may only be pertinent to me, Liam Dawson has been called up to the England World T20 squad. I played youth cricket with him for five-six years (he once broke my toe with a yorker during a net session) and his father did the roof of my kitchen extension.

21 hours ago, Lineker said:

On Friday or Saturday I was in the supermarket and ran into my friend and drinking buddy Adam who works for Kent cricket. All the other teams had competed in qualifying tournaments to reach the finals, but one area, Swale, didn't have a competition that year. So Adam, in his position of power, invited Bapchild to take that final spot. He told me that he was going with his daughter to watch the tournament the next day and invited me, but I couldn't go.

Also, I know people who play for Bapchild, including one of the dads at school who is also a Facebook friend of mine. I was speaking to his wife today and she said that he didn't play but was getting so many messages from people about it.

So yeah, that news actually hits within my circle of friends and people I know. I played many games against Bapchild as a youth and the girls primary school tournament was there last year (organised by Adam) and I took our girls to it.

The team they were playing were amazing actually. All uni students who play for teams in the Kent Premier League, which gets international players getting paid to play in, while the village team I play for could probably beat Bapchild on a good day, and we've only got six players who could have played league (myself included) if we could be bothered with all the hassle and lack of drinking.

• Like 1

On 13/2/2016 at 02:47, ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster said:

'90s and '00s Pakistan turned bad fielding and poor running into an incredible art form.

I don't think you can legitimately say that what Inzi-Ul-Haq did "running"

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It was fun to watch but terrible for the game. Teams shouldn't be scoring 230 and if they do then teams definitely shouldn't be chasing it down. It was a joke of a pitch and the bowling from both sides was poor, fielding wasn't much better either.

• Like 1