The '90s Are All That/Childhood Nostalgia Thread

Maxx

I think it's kind of odd that they're advertising all these different shows and then it's the exact same block tonight as it was yesterday. I want Pete and Pete, damn it. A Pete and Pete/Angry Beavers/KaBlam!/Salute Your Shorts block I'd probably watch all the way through (whereas tonight I'll probably watch a little All That, maybe Clarissa, and Doug).

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2011/07/nicks_new_90s_nostalgia_block.html

Ratings were huge for a late night block of shows. 850% higher than the ratings Teen Nick got last Monday.

It also beat Lopez tonight, but that's not really surprising. Though TBS is in far more homes than Teen Nick.

And in a few weeks/months there will be online voting for shows to be added to the block.

If you can't wait and want to watch Are You Afraid of the Dark?(which is so obviously going to be on in October) I can recommend a place :shifty:

Why is it okay for those of us in our early/mid 20s to watch this, but unacceptable to watch Hannah Montana and the current Disney shows? Both have humor and little jokes that go straight over their target demographics heads' and appeal to us. Clarissa is basically a precursor to all of these new Disney shows anyway.

I'll watch the shit out of some Ahhh! Real Monsters! though.

• Like 1

Childhood nostalgia factor, 100%. The same reason why a decade from now twentysomethings will be all "man, remember how awesome Hannah Montana was, nothing like this stupid crap they have on TV now."

Childhood nostalgia factor, 100%. The same reason why a decade from now twentysomethings will be all "man, remember how awesome Hannah Montana was, nothing like this stupid crap they have on TV now."

First of all, the Squeeze line made me snort. Secondly, talking to soon to be 20 somethings is the most depressing thing ever. I work with a bunch and none of them know who Limp Bizkit are or have any knowledge that there were two Woodstocks in the 1990s. That's not even scratching the surface.

First of all, the Squeeze line made me snort. Secondly, talking to soon to be 20 somethings is the most depressing thing ever. I work with a bunch and none of them know who Limp Bizkit are or have any knowledge that there were two Woodstocks in the 1990s. That's not even scratching the surface.

Good lord, we're becoming old men, aren't we? No! Stop this! We've still got decades to go! DECADES

Tell us about The Good Life, Hamster! Tell us about Margaret Thatcher and Squeeze, Hamster!

Oh I shall GoGo m'lad.

Sit on uncle Hamster's knee and I shall regale you with tales of the miners' strike, the Falklands War, Prince Andrew's wedding with Sarah Ferguson, Culture Club, George Michael when people thought he was the straight one in Wham....and of course Mysterious Cities of Gold.

mcogCast.jpg

• Like 1

Tristy, some of the current generation of children's programming is awesome and I'm not ashamed to admit it. Phineas and Ferb in particular is awesome. As for other Disney Channel shows, Sweet Life on Deck and Wizards of Waverly Place are alright. Over on Nickelodeon, there are shows like Spongebob and The Fairly Oddparents, which admittedly have been around since the late nineties/early 2000's but are still alright. I also enjoyed Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide, but that show ended in 2007. Speaking of slightly older shows, Nick had a lot of great cartoons in the past decade, like the two mentioned above and Danny Phantom, Jimmy Neutron, Rocket Power, As Told By Ginger (>_>), ChalkZone...shit, I liked the past decade of Nicktoons. As for Cartoon Network, there's great cartoons like Adventure Time and Chowder that are currently being aired.

Basically, I like current children's television more than I like most adult television.

• Like 1