Liam

What should I watch?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What should I watch tomorrow?

• Submarine
    • The A-Team
    • Akira
    • Ed Wood

The only Tarantino movies I've watched are Inglorious Basterds, Jackie Brown, Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction. Pulp Fiction is the best by a mile, though.

Also, sorry, didn't see the sub-title of this thread till after I posted here the first time. But still, LOTR is fucking awesome.

I had Basterds for Xmas 2009. I watched it and my friend borrowed it straight away and had it for over a year and half until about 2 weeks ago. I rewatched it the other day, and it really is wonderful. It started to get a little long (though I did start watching at about 3am), but the opening scene is terrifying, as is the scene where she has dinner with Landa. Also, French accents. :wub:

As for Into the Wild, it is a fantastic film as well. my only gripe is that it's a little too long for me at 2h20mins. Soundtrack is most excellent too being provided by Eddie Vedder (it was the soundtrack that made me watch the film, actually). And Vince Vaughn isn't a douche in it.

The only other two I've seen are Inception & Pineapple Express. I know it's the same fault again, but they're both a bit too long. Inception has the same run time as Into The Wild, it's a decent film but the first hour or so I was WTF'ing everywhere. As for Pineapple Express, I'm not into drug culture and I'm not too big on James Franco (and even less said about Seth Rogen the better) but it is a decent film nonetheless on first watch. But jesus christ, it is far too long for what it is and what it needs to be.

Edited by TheModernWay

Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove. wub.gif

Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove.

Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove Dr. Strangelove.

How that post should read.

Stanley Kubrick in general is awesome. Best director ever.

Also, for people who love The Shining, here is an awesome youtube video Sean shared on Facebook:

It will spoil the film for you if you haven't seen it so don't watch it then.

1) Full Metal Jacket

2) Blade Runner

3) The Blues Brothers

4) Inception

5) MASH

6) Pineapple Express

7) Evil Dead

8) The Watchmen

9) Inglorius Basterds

10) Predators

11) The Blindside

Of the films I've seen on the list, this is probably the order you should watch them in. Evenly spaced out the war movies for you too.

And my exact thoughts on LOTR:

• Like 4

Kevin Smith first did that line in a Q&A I think and since I've seen it I repeat it to everyone in real life who wants to know why I hate LOTR. +1 dude, +1.

Fuck you guys, Lord of the Rings is awesome and I won't hear a bad word about it, especially not if those words were scripted by one of the most overrated directors/writers ever.

Yeah, fuck Kevin Smith and fuck his films. I went there. >_>

Fuck you guys, Lord of the Rings is awesome and I won't hear a bad word about it, especially not if those words were scripted by one of the most overrated directors/writers ever.

Yeah, fuck Kevin Smith and fuck his films. I went there. >_>

Don't throw up on the counter. :angry:

• Like 2

Kevin Smith's overrated but he's kind of right, and that joke is great. I enjoy LOTR okay but they're really not that great, Return of the King especially.

The ending part of the joke is basically spot on. Seriously, there was way too many 'endings', when the film could have realistically ended about half hour earlier.

I'll say the opposite to that, Into The Wild is brilliant. Certainly give that one a watch. Inception is pretty much a must see too, some tend to not get the appeal as much, but I think it's one of the best films in a long time.

Also caught Deja Vu a month or two back for the first time, not a bad film really. Nothing spectacular, basic from Washington, still really good overall though. And just for the record, True Romance over any film Tarantino has ever had any involvement in.