Football Manager 2012

Lineker

I have a wage budget of 68,000. I'm using 56,000. I want a guy on loan, wages 3,200, but Man Utd won't let him go unless I pay 100% of his wages. The board will only allow 90%. Can I do anything?

Have you tried adjusting the budget? Maybe also try giving them a fee if you have the transfer budget.

I can only adjust the budget to raise transfer funds unfortunately. They wanted a fee of 12k which I was happy to give, do you think they'll accept the lower wage if I offer a lot more, or do you know from experience? Thanks for the help.

My raiding the Senior, U21's and U20's came back to bite me in the arse. After getting a 2-2 draw away at Portugal, no less than EIGHT of my squad were taken by the older sides. This forced me into my game with Northern Ireland with only 4 subs. Granted I still won 5-2 but it was still bloody irritating. Also I got, N.Ireland, Azerbaijan and Romania in my U19 Euro qualifier first round group stage. Should be easy enough.

Gah. Fuck Wolves. Got to League Cup semi-final as Leicester. We win 3-2 away from home in the first leg. I'm sitting there all smug, three away goals, all we have to do is lose 1-0... so we go and lose 6-0.

Kasper Schmeichel got a stern telling off and will now be getting no more games for the rest of the season :angry:

It was good timing, Ben Amos had refused a contract offer to move to us permanently, so it gave me motivation to hunt out a true replacement second keeper. Went with Peterborough's keeper, Joe something, since he had 3* rating, with potential for 4*, which is better than Schmeichel, who is 3 and a half * or 4* depending on the coach I speak to. Paid very little for him, so it was a good deal. Amos and he will now fight it out to see who finishes the season. Kas will probably get back into the team in all honesty, but I felt his recent lack of consistent form justified his being dropped, and he agreed in our meeting.

Anyone know what the legitimate minimum is for a manager's license is for the English Football League? From what I've Googled, there doesn't seem to be an age issue, but the licenses take a few years to earn, but I'm only assuming that because I can't see an actual age note.

Curious, because the game won't allow me to be any younger than 25.

Won the Blue Square Prem with a game left to go and I play 2nd place Luton in that game so avoided the big title showdown last game of the season. Currently on 99 points would like to not get beat this next match and finish on over 100.

Also set to play Luton in the FA Trophy final so a double would be a good achievement this season. Reached the 2nd round of the FA Cup before getting beat by Torquay.

Oh and Antonio German is a machine 28 league goals in 40 appearances, and Jannick Martens with his 21 assists in 38 league games. :D

Started a game last night which I'm contemplating morphing into a diary. Benji Preston North End :shifty:

Managed to finish pre-season with a surprise 2-1 win over Everton, which I was thoroughly pleased with considering I just fielded the remainder of the squad who needed some match fitness.

• Like 1