Football Manager 2012

Lineker

I

See, I can't get anyone to drop their bloody wage demands at Dynamo's. I can get rid of appearance fee's and other bonuses, but always at the expense of more money per week :(.

Richard Raantjie is a great man! Until he betrayed me for Kaiser Chiefs. :shifty:

Get Brent Lawler on loan. He's brill.

Oh mah gaaaad, I've had Lawler on loan since the start of the season pretty much. Dynamo's have a decent team and Ramudzuli, Rantjie, Tati (on loan from Jomo Cosmos (sp?)) with two awesome center backs in Chabalala and Nobula. On course to winning promotion in first year, signed a few guys from loan to me (Lawler, Ronald Mailay and Cele) and building up. Need to get back into the black though, too much money lost on wages.

Ha! I got Cele and Tati on loan as well! I also signed Dipsy Selolwane who is ancient but pretty amazing as a poacher. I played a 4-4-2 when I was Dynamos so I needed another good striker cause Kweleta is a bit rubbish. I also got Chad Harpur to be my goalie because he was at Kilmarnock for a couple of years. Although he never played. Good in South Africa though!

So after me bafflingly winning the Premier League with Newcastle in my first season, the 2nd season was a real eye-opener. I started well, being 2nd up until Christmas but then Inter came sniffing around Cabaye and when they offered £20mil I had to acccept because I needed cover through out the team. When Cabaye left the team went to shit, I clearly hadn't realised how much he made the team tick. It didn't help getting knocked out by Inter in the Champions League, thankfully Cabaye was cup-tied! I felt quantity was more important than quality in midfield and paid the price. Ended up finishing 6th and missing out on Europe. It didn't help that my only striking options were a crocked Demba Ba in poor-form and an ageing Nicholas Anelka.

Heading into the 3rd season now I'm happy with my squad overall and have immense depth in midfield, albeit without Cabaye, plus I signed Sturridge on a free who had an amazing year on loan in my first season. I had to get rid of Captain Colo to Spurs though because at 31, on £83,000 a week and a highest earner clause, he was crippling me. Rio Ferdinand on a free is my stop gap there. My team looks young and refreshing though, so hopefully I'll return to Champions League, proving the first season wasn't a fluke.

My starting 11

Krul

Walker - Caulker - Ferdinand - Santon

Tiote

Gourcuff - Brunt

Di Maria ------------- Ait-Fana

Sturridge

2nd 11

Forster

Simpson - Taylor - Williamson - Kadar

Medel

Dzagoev - Kranjcar

Ben Arfa -------------- Jonas

Ba

Not to rub it in (okay, maybe a little)...but I now have almost too much money to spend. The fact that my first summer purchase looks to be costing me a princely £2m seens to suggest that I don't cope well with large budgets. <_<

How long did it take you guys to have your purchase validated? It says it's supposed to be 8 hours max, but now it's been close to a whole day. Is it because I am in another country or what?

Having similar issues. Still waiting for Steam to unlock my IP because I'm in Germany atm trying to use an Australian card. No reply.

I got it just now. I guess it just takes longer depending where you are.

And Stoke, you should use that extra cash to sign an entire national team so you can try to make them better. You owe it to Vanuatu!

Guest mr. potato head

Wanting to use up my transfer budget, I started making bigger and bigger offers for Modric. Spurs' first counter-offer was 72 million, they've only come down to 69.2.

I'm still considering it :shifty:

How the mighty have fallen. After his Villa contract expired in summer of 2014, Stephen Ireland spent 6 months as a free agent before signing for Irish Premier League runner ups, Bohemians.

It's annoying that Spurs won't send Kranjcar to me on a trial. He wants to join my club, but I neither have the 1.9 Mil to buy him and his 55k wage demands and basically 30 times what everyone else earns. But I can play trailists in the Croatian First Division, and as he's no longer needed at Spurs, they should just send him over to me.

My first season in the The First Division has been brilliant. Somehow sitting in second, just ahead of Hadjuk but 8 or 9 points off Dinamo. That's fair enough, they usually win the league and they can spend like a couple million on a playere, whereas my record signing is about 70K, which I was able to get through good management of my wage budget. Half way through the season now, I'd really love to finish in the top 3, but I'm well aware it could go quite wrong, I've been getting a lot of injuries lately, but I do have a few months off as the division takes a Christmas break.

I'd quite like to move away either this season, or the season after - as it's now my 4th season, and I have no idea if I'll ever be able to take over Dinamo, because I'm not sure I'll ever have the funds. But I'd be tempted to stay another season if I secured a European qualifying spot and try and see how far I can make it in the Europa League. I'll see if I get any offers at the end of the season, I attracted some attention after winning promotion, but didn't get any offers. I really don't know what kind of leagues and teams I should be aiming for realistically.

I started playing Football Manager 2009 again, just for amazing lulz.

I reloaded a Spurs game (of course) I had back then. I rejoined in mid-November, in 15th place and with a squad that had lost faith in my management. Three months later we're up to 11th, dueling with Fulham for 10th. Also in that time, Man City came a-raidin' <_<

23.5 Million for Robbie Keane

20 Million for David Bentley

They then went in for Ledley King and Vedran Corluka. WHERE DID THEY GET ALL THIS MONEY?!?!?!

Despite my best efforts I was unable to acquire Mario Balotelli :(

I settled for Alexis Sanchez. Also picked up Demy De Zeeuw to bolster the midfield (can play center, and cover Bentley's loss on the right). Also grabbed Delfouneso for the future because he was cheapy cheap!

Well I am managing Gimnasia in the Argentinian Second Division. Predicted to come 10th, am like 17th :shifty: I do okay for moments, but then my team either blows a lead/draw in the final moments, or we get hammered (6-1 was my last result). Very frustrating, as my team has no depth at all and I seem to picking up injuries left, right, and centre.

It's looking like I won't have to do too much changing to the squad for my second season with Vancouver. I'm bringing in one player at least, and have already signed him, a Brazilian CB named Romario Mendes (I think, it is Romario something)to replace Jay DeMeritt who has gone to Gronigen.

I've been trying to get rid of Josh Lambo, kinda, he's not played much and probably deserves to get first team football somewhere else but he's rejected New York and Owen Hargreaves' Swansea so he's not going anywhere it seems.

I have been fighting to keep Najar, Agudelo and a couple of others. Besiktas wanted Agudelo but wouldn't pay £3million for him so nuts to them.

Playing a game as Truro City and it's been a lot of fun. After getting drubbed 4-0 in our opening game we went on, like a 10 game unbeaten run. I think we've lost 2 since than (Although one was in the FA Cup to a non-league team...) but we are sitting 3rd in the BSS and the board has actually upped my budget and seem legit interested in expansion. Won't bother naming my guys, but I have a Canadian goalie whose somehow been called up to the national team and a Spanish striker/AMC to go with my pletheora of English dudes.

At thise rate I'll be overtaking Plymouth as the southernest League team in a couple years :shifty:

Josh Wagenaar

Apparently he's already been capped, so I guess I'm not totally shocked. 21 games into the year (AKA halfway) and we are tied for first win Staines. My pseudo bus parking style has seen us give up 14 goals (12 Shutouts). Won 5 of our last 6 in the league (All shutouts) and drew in the other. Only 2 league losses so far (The 4-0 debacle in our first game) and a 1-0 road loss to 17th place Farnborough. Still haven't lost at home. Things are going well, hopefulyl we get promoted since I seem to suck in Cups and am already knocked out of the FA Cup AND FA Trophy.