Football Manager 2012

Lineker

Honestly, I should just set up a direct debit to the Collyer Brothers.

I think this will be the 17th straight CM/FM I've bought since CM2 in 1995.

Edit: Actually, the only version I've never bought was FM Live.

Seriously need a new computer to get this. Addicted to FM 08, brilliant game. Srs need to get a new FM, haven't been able to get a new one since 08

Wow, you must have a terrible computer then. My 2 year old laptop can run over 20 leagues, 3D camera etc flawlessly :mellow:

It could play them flawlessly for years, then suddenly the video card just gave out and I've not bought a new one since. Currently it can runs games that only require less than 32mb of a graphics card. I can still play old FM's, Medieval Total War (Rome: Total War won't play, I fucking love RTW as well :(. Madden 03, Hearts of Iron (<3) and a few more.

I'm worried the adding and taking away leagues is going to lead to very disjointed teams, histories and shit like that. I'm a sucker for shit like that, so if I load say the German league after seven years and I can't find out league position history, cup success and all that ... unhappy me.

I believe that is how it works, removing leagues speeds up te game by getting rid of histories etc. Trying to find out currently how exactly, but the disjointed teams is likely if you remove playable leagues, as it also removes players etc (like if you select small database over large)

The game already simulates the results on non-playable leagues, but doesn't recognize the results until the end of season. It's not as dynamic as it would be if the leagues were playable, which is why you'll often find the same higher reputation teams advancing to continental competitions, but the leagues do take place behind the scene. My main concern is applying to jobs in unplayable leagues -- will I be able to do this, or will I have to make the league playable first? Could be a bit troublesome in journeymen saves.

Oh fucking hell.

'Newcastle today appointed relatively unknown manager Gary Priest today'

Fans: PRIEST OUT! PRIEST OUT!

Newcastle win 8th consectutive Premier League title

Fans: PRIEST OUT! PRIEST OUT!

• Like 15

Guest mr. potato head

This sounds like a very solid improvement over FM11. Nothing amazing, but a lot of solid little additions that should make the game more enjoyable.

Particularly excited for adding and removing leagues (won't use it much but knowing that it then sims through their history is a HUGE plus), and the improved scouting report screen.

Not so sure about the team talk tones. When would it be useful to say something cautiously or reluctantly? Won't certain tones just match up to certain existing team talks properly?

How important is that market to you now? Is it a focus, or is it PC first, iOS second?

We have pretty much equal focus on three of the four markets that we're in. We have equal focus on PC, iPhone and the online market. We're working on a new online title at the moment called Football Manager Online which is going to be specifcally for the South Korean market to start off with. We also have a PSP release which probably doesn't have the full focus of the studio, mainly because we've run out of memory on the PSP and there's very little else we can do on that particular game. But we will continue to make it as long as people want to play it.

So would you be interested in the PlayStation Vita when that comes around?

I don't personally know that much about the Vita yet. But we've never been early adopters at SI. We don't tend to be the first on the platform, we just try to be the best when we get there. And long may that continue. We'll have a look at Vita when it comes out. I really like the 3DS aswell. I'm not sure if there's anything we can do with that, but it's something we'll look at once this cycle is out of the way.

Glad to hear that.

Even if the PSP version doesn't have their full attention, I was hoping for 2012 to be released on the PSP but was worried it wouldn't be due to them possibly wanting to skip this year and wait to see what the Vita could do and release their next handheld version on there.

As for the main event addition(adding/removing leagues), I love it. I'm one of those people that just HAS to load every single damn league (even if I will never manage in 93% of them dry.gif ) and this gives me the opportunity to have a small game to start with and only add extra leagues if I feel the desire to manage in them. Of course as I'm typing this, I realise I've already as good as said I'm going with the PSP version but this should be a good addition for me when I buy FM2013 on the PC :P