Sons of Anarchy: Season 4 **SPOILERS**

MalaCloudy Black

He's not a DA..he's a US attorney. But yea, he's a quirky and deceptive lil prick

Also, really liked how the issues with the Sons Tuscon chapter kinda mirrored the issues with SAMCRO. Its really getting good.

Plus, was that a spanish version Time They Are A-Changin in the beginning? Anyone know who did it?

I like the Attorney guy. It's the Police Lt. that's the new Stahl anyway so no reason to have two.

The attorney's waaaayyy more like Stahl. Especially with him trying to insinuate Bobby Elvis as Luanne's killer to Otto, and then leaving those crime scene pics on Otto? That's something Stahl would do. The Lieutenant hasn't done anything of real note so far at all other than join the dude's little task force, and Gemma's already got a plan in motion for him anyway (as evidenced by her visiting his wife at her flower shop).

Next week's episode looks pretty intense, though. I have to think that the preview isn't giving us the full picture (as usual), and that there's no way Juice would turn rat. Piney finding out about John should make the rest of this season reeeeeeeeal interesting.

The Lieutenant hasn't done anything of real note so far at all other than join the dude's little task force,

And banned the convicted SAMCRO members from wearing their kuttes in public in Charming. And repeatedly insinuating that they're a racist organization. And going into their clubhouse and wrecking stuff including their wall of mugshots.

Edited by OctoberRavenO

That's something Hale would've done as well. Really, any police chief would've save Unser, and that's just because he's in Clay's pocket. And I mean.. they kind of can be pretty racist. Remember when the cops picked Juice up and we found out that his father is black, and he seemed to be terrified of what SAMCRO would do to him if they found out about that? Yeah, that's.. racism.

I'll give you the mugshot thing, but the AUSA is waaaayyy more of a manipulative, conniving asshole like Stahl was. He's just more chipper about it.

Um. Okay.... that reasoning kind of goes against their actions over the past three seasons. Especially seeing as the only criminal organization they haven't had an understanding with is the Aryan Brotherhood...

I still maintain that the Lt. is the complete and utter asshole we're supposed to hate, while the federal attorney is the guy whose just trying to take SAMCRO down (albeit with some underhanded tactics).

But in the preview for next week episode

it shows them convincing Juice to bring them some of the coke and the Lt. says something like "Are you kidding? If they find out they'll kill him"

I think that

The AUSA is threatening to reveal that Juice's dad was black if he doesn't help them out. They're banking on the idea that either way, the repercussions for Juice wouldn't be good -- whether he's an informant or half black.

I'm kind of leaning towards the idea that Potter completely made up the shit about what the club would do if they found out about Juice's father, but I dunno.

I don't get why the club would have an issue with a half black guy when they have Latinos all over the place. And SAMCRO's never had issues with "color" as they so often say.

But man, that last episode gave me a sinking feeling in my stomach about Bobby and/or Piney.

I don't get why the club would have an issue with a half black guy when they have Latinos all over the place. And SAMCRO's never had issues with "color" as they so often say.

But man, that last episode gave me a sinking feeling in my stomach about Bobby and/or Piney.

I know, especially in a club full of guys that seem so close, it just seems to make like they'd find out and probably make a few jokes about it and it'd never come up again.

Not to mention that SAMCRO has had a good relationship with the Niners since the start of the series....

And last season it was shown they had a good relationship with an MC that was all black

Yeah, it's just weird that the Sheriff mentioned what they'd do to Juice if they found out and Juice actually seemed scared. Maybe it's to do with his being half-black, half-latino? I.. have no fucking idea why he was all of a sudden scared of the idea of SAMCRO knowing his dad's black.

I think Piney's getting too close to the truth. The shit with Bobby and Otto could probably be ironed out, but if Piney finds out what really happened to John Teller I have no doubts that Clay would try to kill him to keep Jax and the rest of the club from finding out.

Kurt Sutter mentioned on his blog that there's an unspoken segregation between black clubs and non-black clubs. He didn't come right out and say it, but it seemed to insinuate that whites, Latinos and Asians intermingle, but blacks do not. I still don't get what would make blacks the exception, but when have race relations in this country ever made sense?

That's really bizarre.

I didn't know Kurt Sutter has a blog either. Gonna have to start reading that. Also, heh, from his Twitter:

it's very interesting. we forgive these guys for being lying, gun-running, misogynistic murderers, but we draw the line at racism.

http://sutterink.blogspot.com/

There seems to be some confusion about Juice's discomfort and fear regarding the discovery of his black father. This is a racial reality in outlaw motorcycle clubs. We've touched on the issue lightly over the first three seasons of SOA. The fact is that most of the bigger MC's do not have African American members. There are black clubs and there are white (Caucasian, Latino, Asian) clubs. Most live in harmony. HA and the East Bay Dragons have been friends for decades. That relationship inspired the Grim Bastards in season 3.

We delve into the delicate why's and how's of this racial bi-law later in the season, but it was one of those odd, historical barriers that I've wanted to explore. It's a throwback to a different era that is still in practice today. I can honestly say that none of the guys I know in the life are racist, yet they function within a structure that is built upon a form of segregation. To me, that's fascinating and fertile story turf. The depth and weight of this rule varies from club to club and this season we see how it's handled by the Sons of Anarchy.

Man, everything's coming up shit for Clay, isn't it?

Gemma wants the letters so she can read them, which means she'd find the real reason Clay had JT killed. Unser found out. Tara knows. Piney knows, and has "contingencies" in place.

And on the law enforcement front, Potter's even playing Roosevelt. "Oh, we'll strike you from the record." "you know we can't do that shit, right?"

I have a feeling that by season's end, the club's going to be divided and the truth will come out about Juice - ratting on SAMCRO and being half-black - and Theo Rossi won't be back for next season (worst case scenario). Best case, he's protected by the club members that disagreed with running coke for the cartel. But I doubt that.

Man, everybody's playing everybody this season. Everybody is dicks, man.

Holy fucking shit. Didn't see that coming.