2011 NFL Season

gunnar hendershow

JOE FUCKING FLACCO!!!

ALL OF YOU HATERS CAN SUCK A BIG PURPLE DICK!!!

This.

Just when I start to lose faith in the Raven's offence they go and do THAT.

Joe Flacco and Torrey Smith you are both clutch.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d823d6884/Sanchez-punked

yeah... Sanchez gets punked in the wildcat then called for holding. ahaha.

also amusing is this

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d823d255d/Painter-passes-twice-in-same-possession

Curtis Painter catches his own pass then tries to throw it again and gets flagged for an illegal pass.

funny shit this weekend.

Steelers defense cannot force turnovers. That's going to be their downfall this season.

All the offensive talent in the world doesn't matter if you get can't stop anybody. The Ravens outschemed the Steelers on offense. They set up plays to have guys wide open and to get mismatches and they took advantage of that. I give them credit, they were the better team today. I'd love to see the Steelers play them in the playoffs though.

And I think the Steelers would too. That was a pretty solemn locker room after the game, but that's to be expected.

You can't let Joe fuckin' Flacco beat you like that. You just can't. Get off the field. All the Steelers had to do is make one play on defense and they win that game. The Ravens played a good game though, but they'll probably lose to Cleveland and some other shitty team later in the season and make the division race more interesting as the season nears it's climax.

Pretty hilarious seeing the Ravens act like they won the Super Bowl after tonight's game. Gatorade bath? Carrying your coach on your shoulders? Pretty bush league if you ask me.

The old saying is "act like you've been there before" I realize that the Ravens haven't, but c'mon now.

Tonight was a big win for that team, but not THAT big. At least it shouldn't be. And therein lies the problem. As long as they see beating the Steelers as a huge accomplishment, they're going to continue to come up short when it really counts. Ask the Cincinnati Bengals about it, they'll tell you.

If I was a Ravens fan I would be embarrassed to see my team celebrate a regular season game like that.

But hey, they won the game so this is all just sour grapes right?

Nah, he's totally unbiased.

So, if you're the Colts, do you take Luck, or do you try and trade down? They have a lot of holes and they have a quarterback already.

Once again, not relevant to my point. The Browns were smart for not paying him, that's the point I'm making. He hasn't done anything to merit a contract extension, especially after this season. The fact that teams overpay for QBs or the fact that NFL contracts aren't guaranteed and players get screwed over, have nothing to do with what I'm saying.

He was holding out before this season started yeah (yes) ? He was holding out why (he blew up and warranted an extension given the rules of how NFL contracts are played) ?

Ok, thought so.

Celebrating an emotional win with emotion, when everyone in Baltimore criticizes the coaching and QB for being way too unemotional and "robotic" is perfectly fine by me. I'd like to see it more in the NFL, which is quickly descending into the No Fun League.

But next week has all the makings of a trap game after a big win like this, and moreso there's the worry that as Chase said beating the Steelers is more important than beating everyone else. However, getting these games out of the way early in the season might negate that since the team can focus on each week whereas since the bye week they've had the Pittsburgh game circled on the calendar.

• Like 1

Once again, not relevant to my point. The Browns were smart for not paying him, that's the point I'm making. He hasn't done anything to merit a contract extension, especially after this season. The fact that teams overpay for QBs or the fact that NFL contracts aren't guaranteed and players get screwed over, have nothing to do with what I'm saying.

He was holding out before this season started yeah (yes) ? He was holding out why (he blew up and warranted an extension given the rules of how NFL contracts are played) ?

Ok, thought so.

Okay, let's trying this again.

My point: The Browns were smart for not giving him a contract extension, because he hadn't done enough to merit one. They look even smarter after what has happened so far this season.

Your point(apparently): He was holding out, players get screwed over by contracts.

I'm going to guess what you're getting at is that the Browns should have given him a contract extension because if he didn't live up to it, they could just cut him. Fair point, I suppose, but not really a good counterpoint to mine, at all. Again, I recognize that you're saying NFL screws players over on contracts anyways, I recognize that it's part of the reason Hillis held out, but I fail to see how that somehow says the Browns are stupid for not giving him a contract extension.

It's not like he held out and missed games, he was on the field in week 1. If he held out the first 6 games because they didn't give him a contract extension and the Browns struggled without him, then yes, they'd be stupid for not giving him one. But he didn't hold out for any games, hasn't been productive when he's on the field and hasn't stayed healthy at all.

I figure we're just not arguing the same essential point here. Once again, I'm saying it was smart that the Browns didn't give him a contract extension, because he's only had one good season, and in that season he trailed off at the end of the year anyways. I feel my point is supported by the fact that Hillis is having a terrible season this year.

It really doesn't matter that he held out or is pissed off, he can't even stay on the field. Are you really trying to say that this situation would somehow be better if the Browns had given him a big contract and were paying even more for next to no production, simply because they could cut him later?

Considering we know exactly how you'd react if the situation had been reversed (i.e. obnoxiously enough to make me pray even harder for a meteor to hit Pittsburgh), yes.

Yeah you don't know exactly how I would react because I haven't reacted strongly to any Steelers win on here this season.

But if you'd like to think that you know me, that's cool.

Celebrating an emotional win with emotion, when everyone in Baltimore criticizes the coaching and QB for being way too unemotional and "robotic" is perfectly fine by me. I'd like to see it more in the NFL, which is quickly descending into the No Fun League.

Don't you think that maybe they should save the celebration for when they actually accomplish something though? I'm interested in how Ravens fans feel about this because I know if this was the Steelers who acted like that, I'd be a bit embarrassed and a bit worried that maybe the team has it's priorities wrong.

Chase, do you realize that if you just say something like "I thought the celebration was a bit much" and not tack on petty extra shit like "I'd be embarrassed if it were my team" you'd get a lot less hostile responses? Because your point is made with the first quote, and then it's elevated into unnecessarily douchey levels with the second quote.

Considering we know exactly how you'd react if the situation had been reversed (i.e. obnoxiously enough to make me pray even harder for a meteor to hit Pittsburgh), yes.

Yeah you don't know exactly how I would react because I haven't reacted strongly to any Steelers win on here this season.

Emphasis mine. We're not that far removed from you defending the rapist like your life depended on it.

Chase, do you realize that if you just say something like "I thought the celebration was a bit much" and not tack on petty extra shit like "I'd be embarrassed if it were my team" you'd get a lot less hostile responses? Because your point is made with the first quote, and then it's elevated into unnecessarily douchey levels with the second quote.

I see your point. I let emotion get the best of me I guess.

Emphasis mine. We're not that far removed from you defending the rapist like your life depended on it.

Do we really need to go over this again?

I'm with Chase here. It was embarrassing and pathetic for The Ravens to let their emotions get the best of them and celebrate winning a football game in an over the top manner. As for what Chase said, sure he might have gone over the top, but he just let his emotions get the best of him, which in the situation of his local team losing a football game, is totally understandable. I think we can all agree the Ravens were in the wrong, and we can move on.

• Like 2

Yes. It's always funny watching you defend a horrible human being because he happens to play for your team.

So you don't defend Ray Lewis?

I don't know, do I? I might have done in the past, but I will freely admit I don't know enough about that situation to make a judgement on it. I do know enough about the Roethlisberger situation to make a judgement on it, however, and the judgement falls in line with rather a lot of other fans in that he's a scumbag and overrated, two things which you so desperately wish not to be true.