2011 NFL Season

gunnar hendershow

Such a drastic decision. He took them to the playoffs last year. And this year his team has been slammed with injuries. Not really understanding the reasoning behind that move.

Watching them play against the Jets yesterday it seemed like the the players had quit on him.

Ok why did they fire the Dolphins coach? I thought they were getting better now

The owner pretty much had fired him last year when he was publicly negotiating with Harbaugh. He was a lame duck coach.

It's basically a GM trying to save his job.

And spread the gospel of Belichick throughout the land. If the Chefs show any signs of life over the last three weeks under Romeo, Pioli's handing him a nice fat contract, thinking they can put together Patriots West.

It's basically a GM trying to save his job.

And spread the gospel of Belichick throughout the land. If the Chefs show any signs of life over the last three weeks under Romeo, Pioli's handing him a nice fat contract, thinking they can put together Patriots West.

don't think they can do that. Rams tried that a few years ago with Jim Haslett, put a stipulation in his contract as interim head coach after Scott Linehan was fired that, if Haslett won 6 games, he'd be hired as head coach. League said no, it violated the Rooney rule about interviewing minority coaches. Though since Romeo is black, I'm not sure how that would be handled..

I think the Rooney Rule is hilarious, it's designed to combat racism but is racist in itself by essentially allowing some coaches to get an interview solely because of their ethnicity a lot of the times. Wasn't Perry Fewell interviewed for almost every vacant Head Coach role last year and got none of them?

• Like 1

Adam Schefter just tweeted Harrison is getting a one game suspension

Well that's a good point and you're more than likely right. I may be naive but I like to think if a coach is good enough like Mike Tomlin or Tony Dungy clearly are they'll get there in the end out of merit not because they had to be interviewed because of their ethnicity.

I think the Rooney Rule is hilarious, it's designed to combat racism but is racist in itself by essentially allowing some coaches to get an interview solely because of their ethnicity a lot of the times. Wasn't Perry Fewell interviewed for almost every vacant Head Coach role last year and got none of them?

The idea was to get minority candidates in the door and it has worked. Marvin Lewis was mentioned for how many openings before he finally got a shot? Same with Romeo. Heck, Tomlin is the poster boy for that rule. Weren't the Steelers going to name Wisenhunt as the coach but were blown away by Tomlin in the interview?

• Like 1

The idea was to get minority candidates in the door and it has worked. Marvin Lewis was mentioned for how many openings before he finally got a shot? Same with Romeo. Heck, Tomlin is the poster boy for that rule. Weren't the Steelers going to name Wisenhunt as the coach but were blown away by Tomlin in the interview?

It was actually Grimm I believe, but yes they were absolutely blown away by Tomlin during his interview.

I didn't think this was possible for a team coming off of 2 huge losses in the playoff hunt, but the Cowboys have a nearly meaningless game this week (record wise, at least). I was under the impression that 2 Giant wins and a Dallas loss would give the Giants the division before the Week 17 game, but apparently it only applies if Dallas loses to Philly. Dallas' season stays alive with a win over Philly in any scenario.

For that reason, it wouldn't surprise me if the Bucs pull off the upset. Hopefully that would send Dallas stumbling into Week 16.

I didn't think this was possible for a team coming off of 2 huge losses in the playoff hunt, but the Cowboys have a nearly meaningless game this week (record wise, at least). I was under the impression that 2 Giant wins and a Dallas loss would give the Giants the division before the Week 17 game, but apparently it only applies if Dallas loses to Philly. Dallas' season stays alive with a win over Philly in any scenario.

For that reason, it wouldn't surprise me if the Bucs pull off the upset. Hopefully that would send Dallas stumbling into Week 16.

Get bent.