2011 NFL Season

gunnar hendershow

Lovie's had 1 playoff berth since the season where they lost in the Super Bowl. Coaches have been fired with much more success. I thought what would do him was a veteran revolt over not signing a veteran QB when Cutler went down, but he kept the locker room together for the most part. So in the end that's to his credit. But I thought he was a goner when the losing streak started.

True but that was last year, where the Bears made the NFC championship game. And this year thy would have been in the playoffs if not for Cutler getting injured. He's not exactly awful. Keep in mind the sheer strength of the division as well. The fact the Bears walked out a North champions last year was a minor miracle.

So after watching a bit of Any Given Sunday tonight I have this feeling that the 2011 Broncos season might be gearing up for the final, emotional, dramatic scene where Tebow crosses the goal line against a hobbled Steelers defense in the final minute to win the game. Or at least beat the spread.

Not going to predict it, but the whole script of Denver's season follows 95% of sports movies ever made. Assuming the final scene is the Pittsburgh game.

• Like 1

So after watching a bit of Any Given Sunday tonight I have this feeling that the 2011 Broncos season might be gearing up for the final, emotional, dramatic scene where Tebow crosses the goal line against a hobbled Steelers defense in the final minute to win the game. Or at least beat the spread.

Not going to predict it, but the whole script of Denver's season follows 95% of sports movies ever made. Assuming the final scene is the Pittsburgh game.

Then we get the post final scene note that they lose in the next round.

But seriously, If the Broncos can't win this weekend with the perfect storm of conditions (Is anyone on the Steelers roster NOT injured at the moment?) then it's never going to happen.

That said I will smile like a guy on laughing gas if Tebow Time comes through against the Steelers.

Basically the recipe will be: keep score low, make a long FG in the first half to only be down like 6-3 or 7-3, get an interception or fumble recovery in the early 2nd half to move even closer or tie, go on an amazing 85 yard drive at the end of regulation to force OT, get ball first in OT, kick another long FG and win.

All Tim needs is one really good drive all day if the Denver D steps up. It's a perfect storm for the upset of the century. But, once again, this is a team that rarely gets upset.

I would put up predictions, but I honestly haven't been watching as much football as I normally do this year. I'll go with the Pats taking it all though.

On another note, I'm so proud of my Lions, no matter what happens tonight. Let's go Detroit!

I'll admit that cracked me up. Granted I will get sick of it after a while, but for a first time viewing it made me laugh.

Unbelievable play by Watt. Anyone else find this game hard to get into? I feel like they are both just waiting to get bounced in the next round.