Euro 2012

Lineker

While I can see where people are coming from, to say he's guaranteed gone, I'd disagree. He's lost 4 competitive games in the last 4 years (the final in 2010, and these 3) All 3 of the teams in our group were in the FIFA top 10, it's not like we ever got trashed.

But you were so disjointed and the players didn't want to play for one another, reverse England syndrome really. Quality but no togetherness, which in my opinion the manager has to create that togetherness like Roy did for England.

The only reason I'm disappointed England are gone is because I would've expected Germany to do better against us than they'll do against Italy. I still expect them to win, but with Englands amazing 'two lines of four standing near the edge of the area and letting the other team do what they want without even thinking about closing them down' strategy I think Germany would've pounded the shit out of us.

I'm not really unpatriotic or whatever, but I bet on Germany/Spain, so England getting knocked out doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I'm actually gonna predict Portugal to beat Italy in the finals. Penalties and all!

This worked last time I predicted Munich and Chelsea would be the CL final, though I had Bayern to win, so obviously Italy will actually win the Euros.

I really need to stop having such vivid dreams. I dreamed that the match was last night and Portugal won 3-0 thanks to a Ronaldo hat trick. I even dreamed about switching from the BBC to the Guardian websites to check the match reports (there were two actual articles that I saw and skipped through)

I basically came on here to check the reactions before realising and facepalming >_<

I only want a Spain/Germany final because I'll win some money, only thing that'll make up for a poor betting showing at the Euros. Highlight being winning 15 quid on Gomez first goalscorer and Germany to win 1-0 in the group stage.

I'd like to see a Portugal/Germany or Portugal/Italy final though.