Euro 2012

Lineker

There's not much point in him coming back for the 2nd leg really considering both Doyle and Keane will be available with Trap's BFF Simon Cox and Jon Walters on the bench, not a hope of getting a game, even though he should be first choice after Doyle and Keane.

So in other words, he should be third choice? :P

Most importantly in all of this, Portugal might...MIGHT fail to get past Bosnia. God that'd be amazing.

• Like 1

There's not much point in him coming back for the 2nd leg really considering both Doyle and Keane will be available with Trap's BFF Simon Cox and Jon Walters on the bench, not a hope of getting a game, even though he should be first choice after Doyle and Keane.

So in other words, he should be third choice? :P

Most importantly in all of this, Portugal might...MIGHT fail to get past Bosnia. God that'd be amazing.

Yeah, I suppose that'd be an easier way to say it.

Walters did a hell of a job last night though so I can't complain. I'd like to see him get another shot on Tuesday too because Doyle doesn't really need that game.

• Admin
Republic of Ireland boss Giovanni Trapattoni has made three changes to the team for the Euro 2012 play-off second leg against Estonia in Dublin.

John O'Shea replaces injured full-back Stephen Kelly while Stephen Hunt comes in for Aiden McGeady in midfield.

Kevin Doyle was suspended for the 4-0 win in Friday's first leg in Tallinn but the Wolves striker returns at the expense of Jon Walters.

Damien Duff is in the team after recovering from a rib injury.

The Fulham winger sustained the injury in a collision with team-mate Glenn Whelan in Tallinn.

Kelly withdrew from the squad on Sunday with a groin injury and as expected his place is taken by O'Shea, who is fit again after a hamstring problem.

Meanwhile, Republic defender Richard Dunne could hardly be less interested in the cash windfall qualification for Euro 2012 would bring himself and his team-mates.

Giovanni Trapattoni's players will reportedly share a bonus of 4million euros - around £3.4m - if, as expected, they complete a play-off victory over Estonia.

Dunne insists his bank balance will be the furthest thing from his mind when the final whistle sounds.

"We all make enough money at our clubs and playing for Ireland is an honour, it's not about money," said the 32-year-old Aston Villa player.

"The whole country will benefit from it and the main thing is having the pride. Going out and playing in the finals is all that matters to the players.

"There's nobody in the world who can give you £3m or £4m, and you finish third in your group. It's of no benefit to anyone.

"Footballers want to play in tournaments and this is a really big tournament.

"To go and represent Ireland in it is going to be something that money can't buy."

Republic of Ireland team:

Given, St Ledger, Ward, O'Shea, Dunne, Whelan, Duff, Andrews, Doyle, Keane, Hunt

Tough luck for Walters!!

I'm just excited for it to finally be confirmed tonight. Seeing Ireland play in a major tournament is just so surreal to me at this poing. We've only been in 2 in my life time, one of which I was too young to remember and have never been to the Euros in my entire life. This summer is going to be fucking amazing even if we go out there and lose all 3 games.

Yeah, good luck to Ireland tonight, I'd like to see them go through especially after the world cup fiasco. I look forward to a time where Wales, Ireland, England and Scotland are all in a major tournament. Wales look to be finding their form and Scotland wern't too far off qualification to the Euro's this year.

Portugal v Bosnia seems much more tempting than England v Sweden, I have to say. Really want Bosnia to get through to the Euro's. It seems daft for a team with such talented players to be as underrated as they are, but they will probably forever be seen as 'a little Eastern European side' on these shores so hopefully a a win or score draw today and a ticket to the Euro's showcases them for a talented footballing country. Bosnia got a good 0-0 draw at home, are bringing back two central defenders and Zvjezdan Misimović, Pjanic and Dzeko is just a tasty attacking trio.

That said playing against Ronaldo and friends, without the crowd riling up Ronaldo, will make things much tougher for Bosnia. Really hope they do it, with Montenegro and Estonia highly unlikely to make the finals - it would be great to see Bosnia make it at the expense of Portugal.

I believe these are the seedings:

1 - Ukraine, Poland, Spain, Holland.

2 - Germany, Italy, England, Russia.

3 - Croatia, Greece, Portugal, Sweden.

4 - Denmark, France, Czech Republic, Republic of Ireland.

The prospect of a Spain, England, Portugal, France/Czech group does not fill me with confidence...

EDIT: A friend of mine just pointed a hilarious potential group: Spain, Italy, Greece, Ireland... the group of debt!