Euro 2012

Lineker

I look forward to Spain winning the 2022 World Cup with a 0-10-0.

0-11-0 because who needs someone in goal when you have the ball on the other side of the midfield for 90 minutes?

Casillas will still be captain and winning his 319th cap.

• Admin
Spain midfielder Andres Iniesta has been named player of Euro 2012 by Uefa.

The Barcelona player, 28, was selected by Uefa's technical committee after helping Spain beat Italy 4-0 in Sunday's final.

"Picking Iniesta sends a message about creativity, incisive football and humility," Uefa technical director Andy Roxburgh said.

Spain also had 10 players named in the 23-man team of the tournament, with England's Steven Gerrard also included.

"Gerrard played really, really well and showed great leadership qualities," Roxburgh added.

Iniesta, who scored in the 1-0 win over Holland in the final of the 2010 World Cup, played every game for Spain in the tournament.

He was named in the team of the tournament at the last World Cup as well as Euro 2008, where he played the entirety of Spain's 1-0 win over Germany in the final.

Iniesta has been just as inspirational for his club as he has for Spain, helping Barcelona to two Champions League and three La Liga titles in the last four years.

Liverpool midfielder Gerrard and Sweden striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic were the only selections in the team of the tournament from sides that did not reach the semi-finals.

Others to be recognised for their performances in Poland and Ukraine include Italy's Andrea Pirlo and Portugal winger Cristiano Ronaldo.

Euro 2012 team of the tournament:

Goalkeepers: Gianluigi Buffon (Ita), Iker Casillas (Spa), Manuel Neuer (Ger)

Defenders: Gerard Pique (Spa), Fabio Coentrao (Por), Philipp Lahm (Ger), Pepe (Por), Sergio Ramos (Spa), Jordi Alba (Spa)

Midfielders: Daniele De Rossi (Ita), Steven Gerrard (Eng), Xavi (Spa), Andres Iniesta (Spa), Sami Khedira (Ger), Sergio Busquets (Spa), Mesut Ozil (Ger), Andrea Pirlo (Ita), Xabi Alonso (Spa)

Forwards: Mario Balotelli (Ita), Cesc Fabregas (Spa), Cristiano Ronaldo (Por), Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Swe), David Silva (Spa)

I've had one that absolutely dominated possession but didn't create nearly as many chances as a 4-5-1 would, but it's definitely possible. But in FM you'd have to have players able to interchange positions very frequently. Alba and Arebloa are effectively the wingers for the team, meaning Busquets, Alonso and Xavi all take turns (usually the first two more than Xavi) dropping back to fill the gap. I never managed to get the Barcelona playing style completely right though.

But yes, I've heard of 4-6-0's that have dominated leagues over on those dedicated FM websites.

I don't think they're just going to win it again this year. They could absolutely canter this tournament. Paco Alcacer, Juanmi, Delofeu, Denis Suarez, Ramalho - some very, very good players in that team.

Meanwhile England's line will likely be lead by Saido Berahino and Benik Afobe. Fear us.

I've had one that absolutely dominated possession but didn't create nearly as many chances as a 4-5-1 would, but it's definitely possible. But in FM you'd have to have players able to interchange positions very frequently. Alba and Arebloa are effectively the wingers for the team, meaning Busquets, Alonso and Xavi all take turns (usually the first two more than Xavi) dropping back to fill the gap. I never managed to get the Barcelona playing style completely right though.

But yes, I've heard of 4-6-0's that have dominated leagues over on those dedicated FM websites.

I've been working with a 4-5-1 for awhile now (a few years), it's my go-to formation in both FIFA and FM. I'll have to really work at a 4-6-0 now, the positions in my 4-5-1 are set like this almost all the time:

LWB--CB---CB--RWB

-------CDM-------

----CM-----CM----

LAM-----------RAM

-------ST--------

I restrict myself to relying on a lot of crosses, but the CM's can move up or back as needed. I try to use a Sweeper Keeper whenever I have the opportunity too. So for a 4-6-0 would I better to put move up to CDM and move back to ST to a CAM? Or leave the CDM and move the ST back to a CAM?

Getting back to the discussion at hand, which of these does Spain do for their 4-6-0? The latter I assume, right?

Well you'd need two CDM's for more cover at the back when your two full backs start bombing forward, then you'd have one CM in front of your CDM's and then a LAM, CAM and a RAM. But for your formation I'd probably just drop the striker back, but you'll need good fluidity in your team since you don't have a 'final man' to pass to. Think I might begin work on my own 4-6-0 actually, maybe next season when I've not got 3 or 4 strikers to please :P.

• Admin
Four France players face disciplinary action for their behaviour at Euro 2012, the French Football Federation (FFF) has announced.

Samir Nasri insulted a reporter while Jeremy Menez did the same with captain Hugo Lloris.

Hatem Ben Arfa rowed with Laurent Blanc and Yann M'Vila did not shake the coach's hand when substituted.

FFF president Noel Le Graet said individual bonus money of £80,000 due to the entire squad had been "frozen".

"Hatem Ben Arfa, Yann M'Vila, Samir Nasri and Jeremy Menez are summoned to appear before the disciplinary committee," said Le Graet.

And he added: "I don't like to punish by nature and I don't like to deliver a hasty opinion, but our players should be punished or sanctioned.

"I don't want them thinking they are victims. They are not."

Manchester City's Nasri insulted a reporter after the 2-0 quarter-final defeat to Spain while Menez was involved in a row with Lloris.

Newcastle's Ben Arfa was involved in a dressing-room argument with Blanc, 46, and M'Vila ignored the coach when he was replaced by Olivier Giroud in the game with Spain on 23 June.

Blanc has since has since left his job as manager of the French national team after his contract came to an end.

Like his predecessor Raymond Domenech, Blanc endured infighting between players which he admitted had been a distraction before their Euro 2012 quarter-final defeat against Spain.

Didier Deschamps, who has left his job as Marseille boss, is the early favourite to replace Blanc.

But the French Football Federation has revealed Deschamps has asked for time to think about taking over from Blanc as France coach.

Deschamps has until the end of the week to make his decision, added Le Graet.

Individual bonus money of 100,000 euros due to the entire squad for reaching the last eight in Poland and Ukraine had been "frozen", said Le Graet.

After the end of France's 2010 World Cup campaign, the French Football Federation suspended all 23 members of the World Cup squad for their next game.

France failed to win any of their three group games in South Africa.

The campaign included players boycotting training in support of Nicolas Anelka, who was sent home for insulting coach Domenech.

Oh France, sacre bleu...

It's because we gained ranking points last month in our 4 competetive games whereas inactive teams like Argentina and Brazil wouldn't have gained any.