The 2012 January Transfer Thread

Crybaby Bunting

Which goal aside? He has scored some corkers in his time at United and one for Ireland too.

I think it was against Norwich iirc? He hasn't scored that many truly excellent goals, and he squanders a huge amount of chances because he shoots from range all the time.

He's the shooting equivalent of Giggs in so far as 1 in 20 of Giggs excellent passes will come off, the same with Gibson, and that doesn't really fit with United's game, so I can see why we're selling him, just a bit annoying when we've a crisis in the midfield.

• Like 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtoYOchiObs

There's a few he's scored for United, and there's the one he scored for Ireland and he's had a few belters in the reserves over the years too. I understand what you're saying about him squandering chances but he shoots because he's been told to shoot, everyone at United knows he has that thunderbolt shot in his locker but obviously even the greatest players can't hit the target every time.

• Like 1

Gibson is about as average as you can get, only thing he has going for him is that he can hit a ball pretty hard that's about it. Everton could do with a striker more than another midfielder though.

Lineker, I don't really know that much about Tadanari Lee. Let's just say he's not really a super big name over here, unlike a Honda, Kagawa or Hasebe. He's been playing for Sanfrecce Hiroshima who spend most of the time floating around mid table. His goal record seems okay and I see he's broken through into the international team this year.

Good career move that has been for Steven Pienaar going from playing regular football for Everton to hardly playing for Spurs. Still it'll be a good signing for QPR if they get him like.

QPR are gonna set this whole window in motion I hope. They're also gonna have a very good squad after this month.

I can't agree, unless Hughes really rips up their transfer policy they'll bring in yet more 'alright' Premiership journeymen. I like Alex, but I'd be stunned if they have a 'very good squad', especially since the initial Pienaar offers been turned down.

QPR are gonna set this whole window in motion I hope. They're also gonna have a very good squad after this month.

I can't agree, unless Hughes really rips up their transfer policy they'll bring in yet more 'alright' Premiership journeymen. I like Alex, but I'd be stunned if they have a 'very good squad', especially since the initial Pienaar offers been turned down.

If they get in players like Alex, Pienaar, Samba and some others of that ilk, then that'd a very good squad. Worth noting I mean for their level - not in terms of a Man City good squad.

So far Kilmarnock have re-signed Dean Shiels, loaned Ben Gordon from Chelsea (who was brilliant for us last season), and signed some guy called Michael Nelson from Scunthorpe. Pretty good stuff. We're usually rubbish in the January transfer window.

Can I come and give you a big hug for this? Dean Shiels is the most annoying player I've seen in the Rovers shirt since we got into the Championship. He could've been a fantastic player but his attitude and work rate is pathetic. I hope he finds his stride back in the SPL, seems him and Heffs have been doing well for Killie this season.

EDIT: Wow and damn if Pienaar ends up at QPR. I didn't realise his spell at Spurs had been that much of a disaster.

On the subject of players who go to Spurs and then appear to do very little, what are Vedran Corluka and Niko Kranjcar doing these days?

Edited by AdamDRFC

If they get in players like Alex, Pienaar, Samba and some others of that ilk, then that'd a very good squad. Worth noting I mean for their level - not in terms of a Man City good squad.

If by that you mean that if they come in they'd have a good centre half pairing that could keep them up I agree. The teams fourth bottom and behind the other promoted teams for a reason though, for me they made the typical decision to sign players with 'Premiership experience', rather than hungry decent players.

So far Kilmarnock have re-signed Dean Shiels, loaned Ben Gordon from Chelsea (who was brilliant for us last season), and signed some guy called Michael Nelson from Scunthorpe. Pretty good stuff. We're usually rubbish in the January transfer window.

Can I come and give you a big hug for this? Dean Shiels is the most annoying player I've seen in the Rovers shirt since we got into the Championship. He could've been a fantastic player but his attitude and work rate is pathetic. I hope he finds his stride back in the SPL, seems him and Heffs have been doing well for Killie this season.

I get the impression that he's been putting in a bit more effort than he might normally do because his big scary dad is our manager. >_>

• Admin

I'd be disappointed if we let him go to another team in the Premier League for less than £15 million.

Oh, and he is worth that kinda money. Unfortunately, he has made it clear he wants to go, so it isn't as if a team coming in is trying to get a guy who is happy with things. In a relegation battle, Blackburn might do best to get the 8-10mil they'll get and then look to reinvest, rather than have an unhappy man in amongst the team.

Eh, he's said he's wanted to go before. And given the club are willing to let Hoilett run down his contract rather than cash in on him now, I can't imagine they are going to settle for a compromise over Samba - especially after the Jones farce.

Still, who knows with the chicken maniacs.

Morrison is going down a dangerous path, he's been well protected by United despite all the off field drama he gets into(I believe he could still end up in jail? depends on the court.) and he's paid United back by constantly no showing training. He has the raw talent to be one of the best which is what makes the scenario all the more frustrating.

• Like 1