General Gaming Thread

TKz

I fully agree with the weapons point - in both Dead Rising and Dead Island I always felt a waste of time going after some of the better weapons, especially in Dead Rising where you'd need to go through a complex series of steps to find books that would prolong them each time.

Do people even buy these special editions? With all the money wasted producing them, it's no wonder these companies go bust. The whole industry is going to go tits up if they're not careful.

I doubt there is much money wasted on producing this. I cant recall many Special edition boxes that turned out to be more than the cheaptest ppice of plastic bullshit soled for 100 Euro plus. Just think of that terrible skyrim dragon deal for several hundret... or the awfull fakey batterrang.

Fact is people buy this shit and they make shitloads of money on every copy soled. Thats not uDraw.

If actual money is wasted it most of the time is to keep these big boxes in stock. So when you sometimes see these editions sold of for no money you usualy know it´s actualy gone in to high of a print (still not meaning looses). I remember picking up my second rock band guitar (actually it was a guitar hero one) for 15€ as one example. In the past weeks i saw the big fallout new vegas box (french edition only i think) on sale for 20€ a cupple of times. (which still is a "good deal" for them if you consider that you can get the game on steam for 2,50€ if you keep your eyes open during sale time) But how many other box sets do you see thrown out for no money?

There is a reverer id hidden in these links. It´s not mine, just by the blog i got these deals from.

http://www.amazon.fr/exec/obidos/ASIN/B003S3RKRC/chcjfr-21

http://www.ebay.de/itm/FALLOUT-NEW-VEGAS-EDITION-COLLECTOR-PS3-NEUF-EN-FRANCAIS-ENVOI-EXPRESS-FRANCE-/230827413559?clk_rvr_id=439623865515

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

So it begins (recap of IGN's story) --

-Sega has bought Relic, so now Sonic's home owns Warhammer 40k and Company of Heroes. Quite a coup for Sega to get into the RTS game with two of the best franchises. Bethesda (!) almost nabbed 'em.

-Koch Media (owns Deep Silver, who crapped out Dead Island) picked up Volition (makers of Saints Row) and the Metro series. Hopefully the next Saints Row doesn't suffer.

-Crytek nets Homefront, which makes sense.

-Take-Two, whom I did not expect to really snatch up anything, grabs the next Turtle Rock Studios game.

-Ubisoft gets THQ Montreal and - pending any further litigation - rights to Stick of Truth. Trey, Matt...meet DRM. I'm sure you'll all get along great.

-Nobody bid on Vigil Games. Seriously. Nobody bothered to grab the Darksiders franchise.

-The WWE franchise is still up for grabs, though PWInsider reports EA is the leading candidate.

Take-Two should have gotten Saints Row :(

Agreed. Further stories have Deep Silver developing the next Saints Row, which makes me a sad panda. The Third was goofily great and DS has done nothing to earn my trust. Gotta start somewhere, though.

Edit: Head of Platinum Games (ye of Strong Bad's favorite upcoming game, Metal Gear Solid: Revegeance) has expressed interest in acquiring Darksiders. That'd be a solid fit.

I think there was a story a few days about South Park Studios disputing the sale, not agreeing to someone buying their license since they previously agreed just to have THQ use it. That and they are owed some $2-3m by THQ.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/01/22/south-park-studios-battles-thq-over-potential-sale-of-the-stick/ There we are.

So it's never going to be released. Gotcha.

But the game is basically finished! They need to release it!!!! :crying:

It's one of my top games in this coming year along with Watch Dogs, Last of Us, Beyond: Two Souls, GTA 5 and Remember Me (wow, quite a few new IPs)

So it's never going to be released. Gotcha.

But the game is basically finished! They need to release it!!!! :crying:

It's one of my top games in this coming year along with Watch Dogs, Last of Us, Beyond: Two Souls, GTA 5 and Remember Me (wow, quite a few new IPs)

Isnt Watch Dogs next gen? Might have to cross that one off too. Totally agree with that list though. Going to be amazing!

"For the past few years, I have been trying to learn how to do all the various creative and technical things that go into making a video game - programming, graphics, interface, writing, gameplay design - in addition to music and sound, which I do for a living. The 2013 Global Game Jam was this past weekend, and over two sleep-deprived days I completed my first solo project: A game for OS X and Windows where you punch spaceships with your dick." -Jake kaufman

He released it yesterday I think and I've had a bit of fun with it

Download it here: http://www.biglionmusic.com/general/d-i-c-k-h-a-n-d/ (Windows and Mac versions available)