General Gaming Thread

TKz

just noticed on my last play through on the Avengers beta (not playing it again until release day) - my Ms. Marvel build has a wristband equipped that emits Pym particles at random times during heavy attacks, and the enemies actually shrink if they come into contact with one of those random heavy moves.

That's so awesome.

(there's also another I have in my inventory that emits gamma radiation, but that's not as cool as AIM soldiers or robots shrinking)

Control's devs have really fucked fans over with their free next gen upgrade option.

Basically, if you buy the new Ultimate Edition of the game for around 30 quid, you'll get a free upgrade to the new consoles. If you bought the game and all of its DLC on release and supported them, you get nothing. 

It's shocking. 

I think the best way someone put it to match my opinion, is it's not that people are moaning over not getting something for free, it's that they helped support the game in the beginning and are just forgotten about. 

Apparently the Digital Deluxe edition was around 70 on release, which is basically what this Ultimate Edition is now. Even if people who bought that edition got the upgrade, it wouldn't be so bad.

37 minutes ago, Kaney said:

The Avengers beta is now live if anyone was waiting for a chance to play.

You should probably clarify that this week is for all PS4 users, regardless of if they pre-ordered or not. But for Xbox and PC, it's exclusive to pre-order customers. Next weekend is when EVERYONE can play the beta.

This makes me want to chop a desk into two half-desks.

• Like 2

Ahh, it's good that the revert is in there. It really changed the way that you played the games and I could never go back to just a pure experience from there. Still greatly prefer the more open ended gameplay of the sequels though - tricking to and from different scenarios and exploring was a fun way to see everything on the map and find hidden areas, etc.

Still wanting caveman in.

1 hour ago, apsham said:

Ahh, it's good that the revert is in there. It really changed the way that you played the games and I could never go back to just a pure experience from there. Still greatly prefer the more open ended gameplay of the sequels though - tricking to and from different scenarios and exploring was a fun way to see everything on the map and find hidden areas, etc.

It killed the series for me and I could never go back. Probably because I was rubbish at it. :(

2 hours ago, Colly said:

It killed the series for me and I could never go back. Probably because I was rubbish at it. :(

It does take a bit to get the timing right, but once you get it and it feels automatic it's so satisfying, wether it's doing massive lines on a halfpipe or following up with a series of manuals.

• Like 1