General Gaming Thread

TKz

Mount and Blade: Warband; any good?

On 16/08/2016 at 13:06, Benji said:

Played Day One of Firewatch. Surprisingly atmospheric for how simple it is. Probably going to play a game day per day, just because it's apparently a nice half hour to hour for each day and it fits in with catching up on TV too.

Firewatch: among all the games, the one that made me feel most like a horrible asshole, and Fallout 2 let me put grenades in the pockets of children.

• Like 4

Just picked up Artifact Adventure on Steam for cheap (it's about $2 right now on sale...normally $8 or 9). It's a classic JRPG (pretty much FF1), difficult, and apparently has choices that mean something. (By accident I drugged a guard and got the towns healing magic stolen...oops. But I got 5000 gold!)

wrong thread

Edited by OctoberRavenO

After just an hour or so Overcooked is quickly becoming one of my favourite co-op games of all-time. I don't know if it would be much fun single player, and the lack of online multiplayer definitely hurts.

But if you have a partner or roommate or a friend/s that visit then it's truly marvellous. One of the best things about it is that it doesn't require great skill with a controller; the challenge is in multi-tasking and communication so it isn't one of those games where people who don't play games often will moan about how hard it is to work out what buttons they should be pressing or whatever.

Plus the levels are pretty short so it's kind of a mad panic for a few minutes then you can take a breather and apologise for all the truly horrible things you just said to your partner who thought chopping 5 loads of lettuce was an appropriate use of their time rather than washing up when there were no clean plates available.

Oh and I don't know if it's legit or just my boyfriend making excuses, but he says some of the ingredients you need for dishes can be very, very hard to work out if you're colour blind since they all look kind of similar. Again he could be talking shit, plus he's like super mega colour blind.

1 hour ago, Quom said:

Oh and I don't know if it's legit or just my boyfriend making excuses, but he says some of the ingredients you need for dishes can be very, very hard to work out if you're colour blind since they all look kind of similar. Again he could be talking shit, plus he's like super mega colour blind.

It's an extra difficulty setting

• 2 weeks later...

I can't help but think that the number of FPS games outnumber those that are not and I hate that trend. I was just watching the trailer for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and couldn't help but think I'd be all over that game if it wasn't FPS.

I wouldn't even really call it an FPS because quite frankly the gun mechanics aren't all that great. It's a lot more of a story and exploration game - any time that I have gotten myself into a firefight I've usually been able to cheese my way out of the fight by ducking into grates and moving around in places where the enemies can't see or get to you.

Then allow me to be more specific, first person anything. More and more games are going the first person route, even without the shooting aspect I guess. Dishonored is another one. First person Ninja thing. It annoys me. I like to be able to see my character in a video game.

Thought I'd share my update on games I am keeping an eye on whether or not to get over the next few months again since it generated a bit of discussion last time.

Confirmed Dates
September 29, 2016: FIFA 17 [PS4]
October 4, 2016: Aragami [PS4]
October 7, 2016: Mafia 3 [PS4]
October 11, 2016: Gears of War 4 [XBO/PC]
October 11, 2016: Rise of the Tomb Raider [PS4]
October 11, 2016: WWE 2K17 [PS4]
October 21, 2016: Civilization VI [PC]
October 28, 2016: Skyrim Special Edition [PS4]
October 28, 2016: World of Final Fantasy [PS4]
November 4, 2016: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare [PS4]
November 4, 2016: Football Manager 2017