General Gaming Thread

TKz

4 minutes ago, Velociraptor King Ellis said:

Guys, I just heard there's this new HD Goldeneye thing being made?!

Hey guys dunno if you heard, the L4D2 demo is out.

• Like 3

On 8/12/2016 at 13:41, TheWho87 said:

GoldenEye is Back...on PC...for FREE!

I'm upset that they don't continue their animation after they've been shot dead

Me: Bang bang!
Russian: UGH! Hang on, let me finish my commando roll... and DEAD"

• Like 1

So I got Bloodborne and played it.

It was... okay.

Aesthetics are better than I remember seeing. Still a bit mixed on. Character design is good, level design is okay. The whole DARK REALM OF DARKNESS AND BLOOD WHERE ITS ETERNALLY DARK thing they're doing feels really forced, especially when the sun is out and is fucking MASSIVE. Like, I don't think this planet should even be able to sustain life with how close that sun looks. I mean, I like dark settings and all, but when you collect blood dew to gain blood echoes to buy blood vials it's like come on. Also why am I using blood to gain health anyway? Am I a vampire? I thought I was a vampire hunter? Or something?

That's another problem I have. There's almost no story and what is there is so vague that I have absolutely no fucking clue what's going on in a bad way. I've seen flash games with a more coherent narrative.

Controls also feel a lot looser than Demon's Souls and the auto-aim function is dreadful. The camera also makes it really hard to maneuver at times. Also clipping in this game is a joke.

2 hours ago, Benji said:

Played Day One of Firewatch. Surprisingly atmospheric for how simple it is. Probably going to play a game day per day, just because it's apparently a nice half hour to hour for each day and it fits in with catching up on TV too.

I really liked Firewatch. People gave it shit because people give any video game that doesn't feature a lot of ACTION and SHOOTING and DODGE ROLLS (or whatever :shifty:) shit, but it was still a good game I thought. Told a pretty good story.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OctoberRavenO said:

So I got Bloodborne and played it.

It was... okay.

Aesthetics are better than I remember seeing. Still a bit mixed on. Character design is good, level design is okay. The whole DARK REALM OF DARKNESS AND BLOOD WHERE ITS ETERNALLY DARK thing they're doing feels really forced, especially when the sun is out and is fucking MASSIVE. Like, I don't think this planet should even be able to sustain life with how close that sun looks. I mean, I like dark settings and all, but when you collect blood dew to gain blood echoes to buy blood vials it's like come on. Also why am I using blood to gain health anyway? Am I a vampire? I thought I was a vampire hunter? Or something?

That's another problem I have. There's almost no story and what is there is so vague that I have absolutely no fucking clue what's going on in a bad way. I've seen flash games with a more coherent narrative.

Controls also feel a lot looser than Demon's Souls and the auto-aim function is dreadful. The camera also makes it really hard to maneuver at times. Also clipping in this game is a joke.

From what I'm told, that's basically all of these games. There is no real story. It's just run through and slaughter everyone. I bought Bloodborne to play online with a friend. My workmates are the only ones who've ever played my copy.

Decided to go thru Assasins Creed: Black Flag since I bought it during a sale, played it a little and then stopped. I'm really enjoying it, its fun to play but can be challenging and the story and characters are interesting.

Just now, MDK said:

Decided to go thru Assasins Creed: Black Flag since I bought it during a sale, played it a little and then stopped. I'm really enjoying it, its fun to play but can be challenging and the story and characters are interesting.

It's a very long game. The only thing so far I've disliked about it is driving the damn pirate ship and fighting with it. I hate it and don't want to do it but it's necessary. 

2 minutes ago, The WAR Fork said:

It's a very long game. The only thing so far I've disliked about it is driving the damn pirate ship and fighting with it. I hate it and don't want to do it but it's necessary. 

I quite like the boat battles, its like Pirates! but in 3D 

6 hours ago, The WAR Fork said:

That was my favourite thing about that game.

2 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

That was my favourite thing about that game.

I've never been good at driving anything in video games, which is weird since I love Grand Theft Auto. Even in that game though I avoid driving as much as possible.

The pirate ship stuff in Black Flag was awesome, as much as I liked playing Pirate Batman in the cities.

Also this happened while I was playing This Is The Police:

IDtlDgv.jpg

• Like 7