General Gaming Thread

TKz

The Advertising Standards Authority will be investigating No Man's Sky

After No Man's Sky released in August for the PlayStation 4 and PC, there were claims  from fans of false advertisement perpetuated by the game's creator Sean Murray. False advertisement wasn't the only complaint, there were also bugs that caused quite a few players either refunding the game or simply quit playing.

Even Sony's President believes that No Man's Sky was overpromised by its creator. Throughout all of this, the No Man's Sky developers have been silent - they have yet to comment on claims.

While no details on the ASA's investigation into have been revealed, one No Man's Sky player has detailed the ASA's response to their complaint. 

According to Redditor AzzerUK, both the No Man's Sky developer, Hello Games, and Valve have a joint responsibility and are both being investigated.

What is being investigated? Apparently, the following are the most complained about features: 

Videos:

User interface design
Ship flying behaviour (information; with a ‘wingman’; flying close to the ground)
Behaviour of animals (in herds; destroying scenery; in water; reacting to surroundings)
Large-scale space combat
Structures and buildings as pictured
Flowing water
Speed of galaxy warp/loading time
Aiming systems
Screenshots:

Size of creatures (9)
Behaviour of ships and sentinels (4, 5 and 8)
Structures and buildings as pictured (3)
Store Page in general:

Quality of graphics
References to: lack of loading screens, trade convoys between stars, factions vying over territory

53 minutes ago, Benji said:

FO4 and Skyrim remaster WILL now be getting mod support on PS4.

3 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

The only thing to remember is that the mods will be restricted to in-game assets only, meaning no Macho Man dragons or anything like that.

And probably no nude mod.

...What? Leaving people in their underwear breaks immersion. Plus the underwear lines in certain outfits.

• Like 1

For anyone else that wants to live out biker gang fetish fantasies, the newest GTA Online update is GTA Online: Bikers. 

Might have to check it out. Some of the new bikes look pretty rad.

1 hour ago, Cloudy said:

For anyone else that wants to live out biker gang fetish fantasies, the newest GTA Online update is GTA Online: Bikers. 

Might have to check it out. Some of the new bikes look pretty rad.

It's pretty fun, I splashed some cash on the clubhouse and some of the new bikes, just a pity I have no Xbone GTA friends :(

3 hours ago, apsham said:

I haven't been following Mafia 3 (out today) but I was reading a preview today and I'm midly tempted. Never expected to see a game accurately attempt to replicate segregation without an allegory or fantasy reality.

Its on my list. I eventually got round to playing Mafia II, gameplay was it was fairly good if not spectacular, but the story was fantastic. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

Is GTA: Online worth playing as a single-player experience? I've never given it a go because I'm not much of an online player, but I understand that there are some parts that can be played alone, albeit while technically online.

Its definitely worth checking out. I was mucking about on it with no particular goal in mind, I see this other player running from the cops but he hasn't got a car so I let him hop on my bike and we daringly escape, and he adds me as a friend. It was lovely. And they are always adding stuff to it.

• Like 1