General Gaming Thread

TKz

On 5/6/2020 at 5:21 PM, Ruki said:

Did you know you'll be able to customize your genitals in Cyberpunk?

Hopefully we can have guns for boobs like fembots, or a gun crotch like that dude from that vampire movie.

Listen here bud, I'll have you know that movie is From Dusk Til Dawn and that "dude" is motherfucking Tom Savini.

• Like 2

On 06/05/2020 at 23:21, Ruki said:

Did you know you'll be able to customize your genitals in Cyberpunk?

Hopefully we can have guns for boobs like fembots, or a gun crotch like that dude from that vampire movie.

Not good enough. I want to be able to customise everyone's genitals.

Also, pretty sure Conan did this first.

Tonight, I had Red Dead 2 ready to go. Played the opening bit and tried to get into it, but ultimately it was not my cup of tea. Spent the last hour playing Streets of Rage 4 instead. What a fucking great game. The music kicks ass. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

I'd recommend sticking with Red Dead 2. Once you're out of the snow, it's great.

Maybe I will. I just find the controls sluggish and unsatisfying. It is certainly immersive.

I feel like I'm in the mood for an arcade experience. Hence why Streets of Rage 4 was scratching the itch.

Munchkin is a super simple game to play but trying to drunkenly explain the rules isn't a great idea. Also, Munchkin is relatively popular, why are there no good English versions of it on Tabletop Simulator's workshop? I wound up trying to play a Marvel version of it and.. it wasn't the greatest.

• Like 1

On 10/05/2020 at 09:48, Bobfoc said:

I'd recommend sticking with Red Dead 2. Once you're out of the snow, it's great.

I maintain that RDR2 is technically beautiful, and there are story points that are truly great, but it never hits the same pace and enjoyment as RDR1 for me. Having said that - keep playing after the snow because that is the worst part of the game by far and the entire game shouldn't be judged on that awful section.

• Like 1

I replayed RDR1 shortly after finishing RDR2, and I really felt that RDR2 was better in almost every way. Playing them back-to-back really drove home how similar and formulaic so many of RDR1's missions are when compared to its successor. I'm not saying that's a bad thing because RDR1 is still a great game, but I think RDR2 had a bit more variety to it.

I also much preferred RDR2's general range of characters. RDR1 was a step up for Rockstar in 2010 in this area, but I felt that it leant a bit too heavily on the zany parodies, with Marston playing the straight man, for my liking. There were several more rounded characters than there were in GTA V, of course, and I think credit should be due for the likes of John's family, the McFarlanes, Landon Ricketts and Dutch, but I would say that RDR2 a much better compelling character to comic relief buffoon ratio.

But all opinions are fair. Your mention of pace is a good one because RDR2 sometimes drifted a bit too far into cowboy simulator territory, rather than remembering that it's supposed to be a video game. There didn't seem to be a good reason for not allowing you to summon your horse if you lost it, for example. You can talk about realism all you like, but this is still a game in which you can heal a gunshot wound by drinking moonshine. Quality of life features exist for a reason.

• Like 3

A game announcement will be made in about five minutes. Given that "Superman" by Goldfinger is playing in the background, it's likely to be a Tony Hawk game.

EDIT: It's a remaster of the first two Tony Hawk games and it's coming on 4th September. Nice.

It's being made by Vicarious Visions, developers of the Crash N Sane Collection. They're essentially doing the same thing in terms of remaking the game to play as much like the originals as possible, but with reverts added in. There's also the option to create parks and share them online. By the sounds of things, they got most of the old licenced music back too.

Only the first two seems like quite a random choice. Maybe they want to do another that includes 3+4 and then maybe remaster Underground + Underground 2 if they're all successful? I sure wouldn't complain...

Bought UFC 3 for 15 bucks.

to save my life I can't escape a submission. Both systems. It just seems like I'm doing nothing.