Paradox games but definitely NOT GAMES OF THRONE

METALMAN

I have no fucking clue what I am doing.

Where do I sign a pair of decent fullbacks?

And why the hell is Barcelona managed by an Arabic guy?

:wacko:

• Like 4

Dead?

I've spent about 45 minutes trying to work out who to start as.

Why can't I be the Baron of Birmingham?

So, what's the best way to get the people to join your plot? I am trying to get land from the pope (he is my leige), and the plot points got up to like....60% but fell to 20%...and no one wants to join me :(

Also, any other way of getting claims to land without having to fabricate them? I sat there for like....4-5 years without getting one (I eventually went out and found someone with a high enough diplomacy skill who did it in about 3).

My chancellor is at 25, so it's usually pretty quick. Otherwise, if you control the duchy or kingdom, you have claim over any counties in that location. You can also go to the title screen, look at claimants, and try to invite one to your court. If they accept, you can press their claim for them.

My chancellor is at 25, so it's usually pretty quick. Otherwise, if you control the duchy or kingdom, you have claim over any counties in that location. You can also go to the title screen, look at claimants, and try to invite one to your court. If they accept, you can press their claim for them.

I can press their claims? Cool!

...and this is going to sound dumb (but this game is huge and complicated!)...what's the difference between a duchy and kingdom? And the counties are the areas that you own, right (Like...Rome and Dublin)?

But I am gonna try and invite these people to my court now :D

Yeah, counties are the individual territories, like Dublin. Duchies are groups of counties. Dublin is part of the Duchy of Maeth, which also contains Kildare. You only need to control 50% of the counties in a duchy to create it, so if you start as Earl/Count of Dublin, as soon as you have the money you can make yourself Duke of Maeth. Then you'll be able to go to war with Kildare. Kingdoms are basically groups of duchies. If you control over half the duchies and counties in Ireland, you can create the Kingdom of Ireland. Then you can go to war with anybody in the kingdom not already under your control.

Cool beans, thanks Pizza! :D

Is there an easy way to figure out which counties belong to which Duchies?

I currently own Tyrconnie (or whatever) and Breifne. I HAD Tyrone, but when my first person died it went to his other son (I was now playing the bastard). I was going to kill my brother (well, I did anyways), but he decided to go to war against the Pope (FOOL!)...and now the Pope owns it. I'm trying to convince him to give it to me (my current plot).

Your face is crazy Alberta hours!

But a no go for me, tonight (which is sad, I want to be the King of Ireland!). I am going out and doing other nerdy things (rolling dice and shooting bad guys with laser guns).

More noob-ish questions! I wanna change my succession law so that my eldest takes over....but....You must have the required crown authority? How do I know what authroity I am at? How do I change it?

Man, I should have come to this thread ages ago.

Anyway, 'crown authority' only applies if you're a king or an emperor. It'll be the top law on the Laws screen, and raising it gives you more power but also makes everyone hate you because you have more power. Also you can only raise it once per ruler and it's generally a pain. If you're only a duke or something, I'm not sure if it should affect you... but it's been ages since I last did it myself so I don't remember. <_<

Man, my son is set for life! Almost half of Ireland PLUS he gets a Kingdom somewhere in Spain (I married his mother when she was a princess of 16...finally took it over in our 50s). He is gonna rule the world!

Although...he needs to get married and have kids.

Picked up game after all that and found it so far to be pretty absorving and addictive. I've played it slow and steady choosing to build up my basic lands rather than expanding, certain things the tutorial didn't cover which made it awkward for me but it was common sense mistakes (if I'm earl of two places, and make someone else Earl I lose that place due to, you know, only being an Earl) but over all I've expanded. I'm currently Duke of Leinster as it seems the easiest starting point as you gain Dublin once your ruler dies and own both parts of the Duchy and while I've been able to turn the harbours of Leinster and Dublin into major trade hubs I'm slowly saving up money to press for Kildaire as well to make me Duke of Meath since he currently has the title. I've found it's much easier to just hire mercenaries to go in there and rip them apart then have my personal levy mop up survivors while the mercs lay siege to them. Hit them hard enough and I only end up playing the default 75 gold to hire and no monthly fees as they're dismissed once the surrender is handed in.

So far, so good.