Paradox games but definitely NOT GAMES OF THRONE

METALMAN

Man, my son is set for life! Almost half of Ireland PLUS he gets a Kingdom somewhere in Spain (I married his mother when she was a princess of 16...finally took it over in our 50s). He is gonna rule the world!

Although...he needs to get married and have kids.

....apparently not?

I was ruling well into my sixties, but apparently people didn't like me and kept declaring war. My wife died, so my son was now King of Navarra or something. I was given the option to surrender (I didn't have enough troops, and I was running out of money for mercs), and it said that my son would take over in my stead. So I figured "You know what? It's his time."

I surrender and got a game over. What the eff? Did becoming the King of my wife's dynasty make him switch dynasties, and thus, I had no proper heir? Or does surrendering royaly fuck you over?

Playing as one of the Kingdoms on the Iberian Peninsula (that's current day Spain and Portugal to you plebs) is a wonderful clusterfuck.

I started a game as Leon, I have a brother either side of me that wants my Kingdom and a horde of Muslim states to the south, and to top it off, all your vassals hate you. :lol:

Playing as one of the Kingdoms on the Iberian Peninsula (that's current day Spain and Portugal to you plebs) is a wonderful clusterfuck.

I started a game as Leon, I have a brother either side of me that wants my Kingdom and a horde of Muslim states to the south, and to top it off, all your vassals hate you. :lol:

Yeah, I love the Spanish starts. Head further east and start as Aragon or Barcelona or Navarra, that way you get stomped by France as well.

Yeah, I love the Spanish starts. Head further east and start as Aragon or Barcelona or Navarra, that way you get stomped by France as well.

I long for the peaceful green lands of Ireland, where rebellion was crushed under the foot of King Murchard II.

Anyone. I've just added four new lands to my Kingdom. But three of them have 0 levy size and tax. Er. Why? >_>

It's an in-game thing, designed to give you nothing from those areas for a certain period.

It's to stop people getting the ability to just steamroll everything early on.

Edit: just realised that post is ten days old. shifty.gif

Damn you guys. You finally entice me into wanting it (after going back to EUII and realising it really is no fucking fun when you start a game as any of the powers in the Grand Campaign bar Spain and immediately get gang-fucked) and it's gone back up to £30. Sadness.

Hey, I was doing my best to pimp the hell out of my diary when it was 75% off. I TRIED, BE. FOR YOU I TRIED.

I never checked, I just 'bought' and installed it to see if it would work, and it came up saying graphics card wasn't good enough.

OH COME ON!

I am King of Ireland, own one county in Scotland and the Isle Of Man (fuck the Scottish queen. She is a bitch and I hate her). I also own pretty much all of Wales, so I created the Kingdom of Wales. I go to war with England (OH GOD WHY?) and....the game crashes. I get almost my entire army over there, start raiding a few places and it crashes. The gods are holding Ireland back!

According to Canyourunit, or whatever it is, mine can't either.

However, I have it and play it......

Hmmm...may give it a go, then. There's a demo, right?