Paradox games but definitely NOT GAMES OF THRONE

METALMAN

I'm in my 3rd generation and my brother is so much better than me at everything, is there an easy way to get him on the throne? I've got primogeniture succession and a son, so I'm guessing not easily.

Fuck that Pizza, you're a god-damn Ruler of Men! Kill your good-for-nothing brother!

• Like 1

Well, I was playing an illegal copy (shut up :shifty:), but I finally got the hang of the game...sorta. Gonna buy the game + DLC. Apparently you can't play mods with the pirated version, from what I read.

So...yeah...gonna be doing some game of thrones stuff!

But it was fun...had a small piece of land in Ireland, and slowly took over two more...I died, but had 3 sons and a daughter. So each son now has a piece of land :D

Guys! I'm king of Ireland now. Only got Ulster left to take. The other final two guys happily became my vassals. But my heir wants the Duchy of Connacht. Are there negatives to that? I mean - I'm the King. So is it cool to hand away the Duchy's if I need or should I squash him?

Well, I was playing an illegal copy (shut up :shifty:), but I finally got the hang of the game...sorta. Gonna buy the game + DLC. Apparently you can't play mods with the pirated version, from what I read.

But it was fun...had a small piece of land in Ireland, and slowly took over two more...I died, but had 3 sons and a daughter. So each son now has a piece of land :D

I did the same thing (legally). Started as the count of Dublin. Now I'm the King of Ireland. I've got four counties and two duchies to myself, and my brother has a third duchy, with 1 county. The westernmost duchy accepted my offer of vassalization once I became king. I've got one holdout county in the northernmost duchy, then the entire southern duchy as holdouts, but I have casus belli's against all of them, so it's only a matter of time before I unify the country. After that, I'll probably spend a generation solidifying my power base and succession, then take Wales or something.

To significantly grow your max army, either take more places (and don't give them to anyone but your heir), or hire mercenaries. My first couple hostile takeovers were done entirely by mercenaries.

Guys! I'm king of Ireland now. Only got Ulster left to take. The other final two guys happily became my vassals. But my heir wants the Duchy of Connacht. Are there negatives to that? I mean - I'm the King. So is it cool to hand away the Duchy's if I need or should I squash him?

Keep them in the succession. Giving them to your heir is fine, you'll be playing as him soon enough hopefully.

I did the same thing (legally). Started as the count of Dublin. Now I'm the King of Ireland. I've got four counties and two duchies to myself, and my brother has a third duchy, with 1 county. The westernmost duchy accepted my offer of vassalization once I became king. I've got one holdout county in the northernmost duchy, then the entire southern duchy as holdouts, but I have casus belli's against all of them, so it's only a matter of time before I unify the country. After that, I'll probably spend a generation solidifying my power base and succession, then take Wales or something.

To significantly grow your max army, either take more places (and don't give them to anyone but your heir), or hire mercenaries. My first couple hostile takeovers were done entirely by mercenaries.

Keep them in the succession. Giving them to your heir is fine, you'll be playing as him soon enough hopefully.

My worry is that, it's MY damn Duchy. What I started with. Always intended to keep that as my home, like. Also I worry - what if I give it to him and then he dies and his son takes over that, meanwhile my other son goes on to become King? Then it's out of the succession.