2012 NFL Season

Dan

I'm not saying I agree or disagree with the punishment, but if what Vilma has said about the NFL/Goodell refusing to present any evidence is true, that's bullshit. Especially when apparently there's a source connected with it all that has said the bounty program was not nearly as extensive as the NFL has implied.

Terrell Suggs tore his achilles. Likely out for the season.

*Ahem*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :crying:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm keen to follow the NFL this year (for the first time). Help me choose a team to support!

Also, anybody running or participating a fantasy football comp they need an extra guy for? I've found that tracking fantasy stats etc makes the game more interesting in most sports, and I like to imagine there'll be The League style antics if I join one >_>

I'm keen to follow the NFL this year (for the first time). Help me choose a team to support!

Also, anybody running or participating a fantasy football comp they need an extra guy for? I've found that tracking fantasy stats etc makes the game more interesting in most sports, and I like to imagine there'll be The League style antics if I join one >_>

J-E-T-S! JETS! JETS! JETS!

Follow the Lions, we've finally made it out of the cellar and have one of the most exciting players in the game. Oh and we have a nasty fucker on our defense that other teams fans hate.

Lions also acceptable.

Yes, "come support our team, we have a cheating asshole playing for us!" No mention of Megatron?

Or that all-universe quarterback just signed out of College?

Suh doesn't really cheat though, he's just not a very nice person. And to be honest, the stomping on that Packer aside, a lot of the criticisms for Suh are blown out of proportion.

I love that. Aside from the incredibly flagrant penalty that was a disgraceful display of poor sportsmanship, the guy's perfectly fine!

Maybe cheat was the wrong word, he's dirty though. Just off the top of my head there's the Dalton can-opener incident, the forearm shiver to Cutler and a couple whose names I can't remember.

Suh doesn't really cheat though, he's just not a very nice person. And to be honest, the stomping on that Packer aside, a lot of the criticisms for Suh are blown out of proportion.

I love that. Aside from the incredibly flagrant penalty that was a disgraceful display of poor sportsmanship, the guy's perfectly fine!

Maybe cheat was the wrong word, he's dirty though. Just off the top of my head there's the Dalton can-opener incident, the forearm shiver to Cutler and a couple whose names I can't remember.

Didn't he also try to twist Delholmes head off like it was a bottle cap?

And plus, Johnson made the Madden cover. Say hello to an injury and mediocre stats from here on out

First of all, yeah he is fine. I prefer not to judge a player based on a single action, even if it's a dumb one. Things happen, emotions get high and it's hard for some people to control their impulses sometimes. I'm not condoning what he did in any way but I'm not going to vilify him for making a boneheaded mistake, either.

And second, those examples are BS. The "forearm shiver" to Cutler was him just pushing Cutler in the back. Look at the replay, he doesn't even touch his head and he's definitely not hitting him with a forearm. And the Dalton thing was blown out of proportion because he barely tackles him. Granted, it was a penalty because it was late but I'm sure Dalton would like to get tackled like that all the time, as opposed to the other, "normal" shots he takes over the course of a game.

In general, I think fans are too quick to judge and place the "dirty" label on players because they see a late or a rough hit but the real dirty players do things that you don't see like eye gouging or groin shots, etc.

It's not a single action with Suh, but even if it was sometimes that's enough to warrant the "dirty" tag. What Haynesworth did to Andre Gurode was as dirty as can be. I'd much rather get hit in the groin, or have someone try to poke at my eyes through my helmet than stomp on my helmetless head with cleats on, or have some guy try to break my neck first and then attempt to tackle me. If you want to argue that Suh isn't the dirtiest player in the game (WOOOOOOOOOOOOO), we can debate that, but the dude is dirty.