2012 NFL Season

Dan

Oh dear god. LOL Jets. There are no words.

original.jpg

• Like 8

So, the Steeler fans are out and about down here today. I was just at Wal Mart and I saw one wearing a Maurkice Pouncey jersey. Not only was it the jersey of a fucking center, it was one of their disgusting 2012 bumblebee throwbacks.

Not even Chase would wear that.

I would. And that Bears one that GM mentioned. You guys have no appreciation for history >_>

Also, fuck Walt Anderson and his dipshit crew. I've seen some people on Twitter and the like arguing that it doesn't matter because the Bears offense is horrible anyway. That doesn't excuse poor officiating. Who knows, if some of those calls were correct, or the ticky-tack stuff left alone* (like it is in virtually every other game) the offense might have gotten into a rhythm like it seemed to be in the first quarter, and then we've got a very different ballgame.

* I'm not complaining about ticky-tack stuff getting called per se, if it's a foul, it's a foul. My issue is that they're choosing to make those calls, then letting the opposition get away with murder.

Even as a Packers fan, I can sympathize with the poor officiating complaint(Seattle, anyone?). With that being said, every team gets the shaft from the refs at one time or another and bitching about what could have been is a moot point. I still don't believe the Bears would have won. They have completely collapsed the second half of the season and just have too many problems, especially against GB who owns their ass routinely. A lot of it has to do with Cutler I think, and the sooner they decide to dump him the better they'll be imo. You can just see the fear in his eyes when in the clutch, and I wouldn't trust him to walk my dog, let alone drive my team to a win.

Way to skip over my point in the first line of the post. I'm not arguing that the Bears would've won with a few calls going their way, I'm arguing that you cannot call a game in a way that favors one team like that.

Cutler is the least of Chicago's problems. Have you ever seen the Bears' quarterback history? McNown, Grossman, Hutchinson, Stewart, Henry motherfucking Burris. I'd fight to the death to keep Cutler around, I'm more afraid of him bailing for a team that actually believes in pocket protection.

I've read a lot of anti-Lovie sentiment lately, but with the new GM, I'd be willing to keep him around at least another season. On the condition that Tice and anyone involved with the coaching of that offensive line gets the sack. There's some talent on this offense wih Forte, Marshall and Cutler, but it's being completely squandered by a coaching staff that just doesn't seem to understand how important the offensive line is. Whatever scheme they've got is garbage (and honestly, can we honestly call "throw it to Marshall 400 times a game whilst not blocking for Forte" a scheme?). I'm not asking for a big shot coach to come aboard, just some cohesiveness and an acceptance of the fact that what they're doing now isn't working. Should have seen the writing on the wall when all they did to replace was Kreutz was sign another center....which they played at guard, switching the guard who'd never played center to play center.

Hell, Kreutz should never have been allowed to leave.

And Sanchez is benched for mcElroy again

They owe Sanchez 8.5 million next year. Anyway, it's clear they sabotaged an entire season to sell Tebow jerseys at this point. What a model franchise.

I'm not sure if Rex Ryan is getting fired now, he's gotten 6 wins out of what should have been a 2 or 3 win team. His owner fucked him by wanting to bring in Tebow. I could see him being there for an actual rebuilding process, it depends if the Jets brass just wants to completely start fresh like the Colts did this year. I've changed my tune a lot on Rex this year, for all the sideshow the guy can coach.

Their QB next year could be anyone ranging from Vick to Smith to Flynn to Flacco to still being McElroy. No QB is worth drafting in the 1st this year, but they might net a steal later in the draft that will turn out well. Sanchez has to stick around, and he's a huge cap hit, but by no means should they play him because of that. It's going to be real interesting to see where this potential bunch of free agent QBs wind up.

Manish Mehta

@MMehtaNYDN

Next domino in Jets QB situation: Tim Tebow will request to be traded/released after season assuming McElroy starts last 2 games, per source

They owe Sanchez 8.5 million next year. Anyway, it's clear they sabotaged an entire season to sell Tebow jerseys at this point. What a model franchise.

I'm not sure if Rex Ryan is getting fired now, he's gotten 6 wins out of what should have been a 2 or 3 win team. His owner fucked him by wanting to bring in Tebow. I could see him being there for an actual rebuilding process, it depends if the Jets brass just wants to completely start fresh like the Colts did this year. I've changed my tune a lot on Rex this year, for all the sideshow the guy can coach.

Their QB next year could be anyone ranging from Vick to Smith to Flynn to Flacco to still being McElroy. No QB is worth drafting in the 1st this year, but they might net a steal later in the draft that will turn out well. Sanchez has to stick around, and he's a huge cap hit, but by no means should they play him because of that. It's going to be real interesting to see where this potential bunch of free agent QBs wind up.

According to the MNF Spanish commentators, Ryan was asked by the GM if he wanted Tebow with the Jets. He said yes because he thought the competition would bring the best out of Sanchez. So nobody fucked him by bringing in Tebow, he fucked himself.

I could see the Jets trading Mark Sanchez for Alex Smith to the 49ers. Whatever happens, Tebow and Sanchez need a new start somewhere else.

EDIT: When was Tebow given the chance to go to Jax?

Edited by Powerhart