AMC's "Breaking Bad"

Blitz

Fantastic episode. By the end I was sitting there just thinking 'Jesus H. Christ, Walt's gone even further off the deep end than I could have ever imagined'. The scene where he said that the magnet had succeeded in destroying the laptop 'because I say so' was amazing, and the look Mike gave him makes me wonder how much longer he's going to put up with Walt's crap. Really hoping it turns out that Walt only managed to screw himself further, since those looked like bank record details in the picture frame that the police presumably wouldn't have found otherwise. And the ending was just chilling.

Guest mr. potato head

Unbelievably enjoyable episode considering how much of it focused on guys we hadn't seen before.

So I suppose there's no way the suicide guy's boss doesn't know far more than he's letting on, right?

It's the night after a new episode, one that airs extremely late for non americans, I think spoiler tags are beneficial. I understtand that it can be very taxing though :shifty:

I'm a non-american and if I were stupid enough to come in here the day after it airs or anytime before I'd expect no sympathy when it's marked spoilers on the outside. It'd be the equivalent of putting everything in the Smackdown spoilers thread in spoiler tags.

I don't care really, just thought it was overkill

It's worth a few extra clicks not to spoil it for people.

No idea who's holding out on this though.

As for MPH's thing...

I hope he doesn't. I get that Gus was only a link in the chain and now that he's dead and outted, the investigation is going to continue both above and below his role in the operation, but for the purposes of the show I'd like for Shocky Joe or whoever he was to be the top and free up Team Hank to weed out the remaining underlings. He's the only one IMO who can take Mike down. Walt's best chance is to sneak out the back and score some heavy artillery to... I don't know. Something cool.

Loved the background bits in that episode. Mike watching the Caine Mutiny with Humphrey Bogart insisting everything was fine as the ship was in trouble right before Walt showed up was classic. And then when they talked in the kitchen, Walt talks about how people need more of the blue meth with a children's drawing reading 'blue is good' behind his head.

If someone doesn't kill Walter White before Sunday I'm going to go out and ruddy well do it myself. Seriously, I don't think I've ever hated a character as much as I hate Walter. The last 3-4 episodes have just cemented him as the most loathesome, vile and nasty human in televisual history and I for one can't wait for his imminent downfall.

As for 'going forward' I can see them using somewhere in the carwash for the new lab, although I'm thinking that's a bit of a stretch right now. It was just the way the meeting between Saul, Jesse and Walt about looking for a new lab sort of mirrored the meeting between Hank, Gomez and the police chief about how Gus was right under their noses the whole way.

Cracking episode though, once again Mike stole the show and considering we've never seen or heard of Lydia before I'm already intrigued about her placement in the whole shebang.

But yeah, someone really needs to get on that whole 'kill Walter White' deal. I want him dead and I want him dead now.

• Like 1

But yeah, someone really needs to get on that whole 'kill Walter White' deal. I want him dead and I want him dead now.

I'm personally hoping Mike does it. Although getting arrested by Hank might be even better.

I'm personally hoping Mike does it. Although getting arrested by Hank might be even better.

I'm thinking there's no way it's not Jesse that does it. All the mental duress, all the shit Walter's put Jesse through? I could see the turning point in this season being Mike backing Jesse and providing him the means to kill Walter as the DEA's investigation closes in on them, and then in the aftermath Jesse getting picked up and sent to prison on a slam dunk case.

Jesse's obviously hardly an innocent in all this or anything - he's done his fair share of dirt - but in all this Jesse is the most sympathetic character to me. I really want to see Walt get his, but I also want to see Jesse on the other end when he does.

Going in an opposite direction and theorizing some more:

I'd also love to see Walt get killed midway through the season, only for Jesse to take his place as the new drug kingpin and be the downfall of the whole thing. Jesse's not nearly as cold, calculating or as smart as Walt is and I think the whole operation would fall apart - either he'd lose a lot of ground to rivals or he'd fuck up massively and get caught by the DEA.

Guest mr. potato head

Going in an opposite direction and theorizing some more:

I'd also love to see Walt get killed midway through the season, only for Jesse to take his place as the new drug kingpin and be the downfall of the whole thing. Jesse's not nearly as cold, calculating or as smart as Walt is and I think the whole operation would fall apart - either he'd lose a lot of ground to rivals or he'd fuck up massively and get caught by the DEA.

Wouldn't it be so fitting and perfect if...

Walt dies of cancer and later on, Hank catches Jesse and he gets all the "credit" for being Heisenberg, with Walt's role never coming to light?

Of course I'm not sure how that jibes with the flash-forward... :P