AMC's "Breaking Bad"

Blitz

Also an unbelievable egomaniac.

The really scary thing is that he's blown right through that into the realms of full on God complex/delusions of grandeur/megalomania.

Oh he's an amazing character and Cranston is phenomenal because as far as I'm concerned there's nothing likeable about Walt. He's a badass for sure but his megalomania, his ego and just his general lack of consideration for anyone else's feelings but his own just feels me with rage. Add to that the fact he apparently considers his actions acceptable and just ('forgiving' Skylar being the prime example) makes him ever worse.

He's done a total 180 from season one and it's amazing but yeah, someone needs to fucking destroy him.

• Like 1

Spoiler regarding Walt and how much of a cunt he is:

The bit at the end of the last episode where he was just kissing Skyler all over her body for like two minutes. It made me cringe so much, and I felt so uneasy. Awesome acting but I agree, I want him to get his comeuppance.

Just caught up on the last episode. Really a fantastic ep, Mike stole the show and is probably my favourite character by a long shot at the moment. The whole arc of Walter has been so brilliant, I don't think there's gonna be a TV show this consistantly good for a long, long time.

Skyler tells Marie what everyone's been thinking for the entire series.

Hazard Pay

Maybe it was just me, but man, the way that Walt looked at Brock when they were sitting on the sofa gave me chills. He doesn't even know the kid and he's looking at him with this look of utter contempt.

Also, Walt and Walt Jr. watching Scarface was a fantastic moment.

Question, though: at the end when Walt started talking about Victor, what was he trying to say? Was he insinuating that they may have to kill Mike?

Not entirely sure, but...

He was wondering aloud exactly why Gus had murdered Victor in front of them. Got the impression he was subtly trying to talk Jesse into killing somebody in front of somebody to stress that he/they are in charge, not Mike. Thinking the guy who tipped them off about the nanny cam may not be long for the world...

Not Todd!

:crying:

Another superb episode. Skinny Pete's keyboard skills were glorious, Walt sitting with Brock was chilling, the cook inside the house was stunning, Mike visiting his guys was badass and Saul pulling up outside the laser tag was wonderful.

Would've liked to see some Lydia but I feel that's going to be this seasons slow burn.

All in all though this episode belonged to Skylar. That breakdown gave me shivers.

Guest mr. potato head

Not entirely sure, but...

He was wondering aloud exactly why Gus had murdered Victor in front of them. Got the impression he was subtly trying to talk Jesse into killing somebody in front of somebody to stress that he/they are in charge, not Mike. Thinking the guy who tipped them off about the nanny cam may not be long for the world...

I could definitely see that, but the "flew too close to the sun" line made me wonder if it was Walt resenting Jesse's offer to pay Mike's guys double to end the argument and making a veiled threat in that direction...but that might be a bit unlikely.

And echoing the love for the Scarface scene. Didn't think Skyler was all that great though.

Yeah, when Brock and Walt were sitting together totally gave me chills, and the way he manipulated Marie, before eating the apple. I thought he was going to berate Skylar at one point. The relationship between Jesse and Walt is so heartbreaking, but I love it when they're on good terms, in that father-son kind of thing they have going on, but it's all fake and full of lies. I don't hate Walt other people do, I still like him in some weird form of loyalty. But Mike's badass and the best. Great ep.

If you don't hate Walt after this episode, I don't think you're watching this show right. They packed on so many hateful things from his end that in order to still like him, you have have to some sort of mental attraction to evil. The way he threw Skyler under the bus to Marie, the way he decided to eat an apple instead of comfort his wife, the way he looked at Brock, the way he got Jesse to ONCE AGAIN get out of a relationship that was perfect for him (which isn't to say his relationship with Jane was perfect for him, but it made him happy enough), and the way he completely ignored Jesse's time to grieve about the end of the relationship to Walt. Not to mention watching Scarface of all movies and asking Skyler, who was visibly shaken and he knows is really uncomfortable with the whole situation, to watch with them? These are all detestable and totally unbecoming of someone you're supposed to root for. Walt's evil, man. His days as the good guy are done.

His speech to Jesse at the end about Victor was definitely him taking the subtle approach in letting Jesse know that Mike is overstepping his bounds. And, obviously, Mike knows what's best for Walt, but Walt's ego won't let him see that. Mike is trying to keep Walt grounded and lines like, “Just because you shot Jesse James, don’t make you Jesse James” (which has to be the best line since "I'm the one who knocks!") are exactly what Walt needs to hear, but it falls on deaf ears.

God, I love this show.

• Like 2

totally agree with LL. Season 4 Walt was skirting on the line of likeable until the Jesse/Brock deceit. Season 5 since that everything he's done is ten times worse than the last thing. He's pure evil.

At this stage I want the last episode to be just Walt getting butt fucked by the devil in the seventh circle of hell. He's no longer Walter White, he's Hitler Twice.

Yeah, the show's done a fantastic job of making Walt finally cross that line outright into pure evil. And a lot of that shit has always been there, but now it's been taken to eleven; Walt was trying to trap Skyler into a life with him whether she liked it or not as early as season three, and now he's succeeded and it's horrifying. I love him as a character on TV and absolutely detest him as a person.

I love the Icarus monologue because Walter is describing himself and he doesn't even know it yet. He's not describing Mike; Mike is a realist who knows exactly what he's doing and exactly the precautions one needs to take, and Walter can't accept that because he has a god complex and thinks he can rewrite the entire drug trade. He may have killed Gus Fring but he is not Gus Fring. If Walter does end up killing Mike, I'm 100% certain that that's going to going to be the beginning of the end for him.

Also, Landry! :wub: Very low-key introduction for Jesse Plemons but they clearly are setting his character up for a bigger role in the future.

Another awesome episode. It's really annoying having to wait every week for a new episode after steaming through the first four seasons, but I like my method of leaving shows for like four seasons and then powering through. Everything's still fresh in your head when eventually you do need to make the switch to weekly episodes. Echoing most of the spoilered comments so far.

I can't wait for the inevitable scene where Hank catches Walt now. It will be incredible.